Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mobile Phones

Demonic Angel

My current mobley is a Nokia 6280 - bluetooth enabled. I have a bluetooth headset for it, which I've never used and have never used any of the bluetooth capabilities!

My question is - everyone rants about how fabulous bluetooth is - but do you HAVE to have it in a modern mobley?

I've seen a new mobley - another Nokia. I want it when my upgrade comes round in June, but its not got bluetooth - is this going to be a problem?

Surely if bluetooth was so useful then all new phones would have it?

Want this one btw - one of the Nokia fashion range.... the 7270!

20040910_nokia7270_2.jpg

Sweet innit! :thumbsup:

Anyone got one btw? I've heard mixed reviews about it - but then same for all Nokia phones I guess.....

lets see...

My 6230 has bluetooth, which i use to communicate with my BT headset at home for most buisness calls.

It also hooks up to my bluetooth car kit when in my car.

Also, my Ipaq is bluetooth - which communicates with my GPS module via bluetooth, oh, and with my laptop, which has a bluetooth dongle, which i also use to communicate with my phone for synching, copying pics etc, not to mention it allows me to connect to the web while travelling...

so, to answer your question on whether bluetooth is actually useful, well I guess that all depends on whether you use it or not ;)

Well, since I got my 6230 Ive used bluetooth quite a few times as most the peeps I work with have bluetooth so we've been transfering files between the phones :thumbsup:

Dont really use it otherwise tho :D

Blue Tooth is loads of fun, ever been in a night club and searched for other devices?.. you end up getting loads of girls phones!!

My mate a getting kinky pictures sent to his phone last time we were out and had no clue who they were from!

I drive for a living so i would think that blue tooth is very useful. I haven't got a blue tooth head set yet but i think that it's a worth while investment as it will keep both hands on the steering wheel instead of dashing for the phone when it rings all the time.

jerry!!

Same as Jerry, I drive for a living and without it I would be Cream Crackered.

Not allowed to us mobles at work so the only to get round it. :unsure:

Not necessary, but it I recommend it if you are a techie-type. You can use it to synchronize your contact lists between your phone and your PDA, it's also useful for sending files to other people from phone to phone or phone to PDA and so forth.

If I wanted to give you someone's number and contact info it is as easy as one button, then it's in your phone or PDA or both. Then of course there are the wireless headsets which are a lot nicer than having wires dangling all over your face.

If you use an Apple Macintosh computer, you can use the free, included iSync software, just press one key and your contacts and memos on your phone, PDA and computer are all syncronized so you never need to enter anything twice!

A good rule of thumb though, is: If you don't know what bluetooth is, you probably don't need it.

Yeah blue tooth is great

Use it for the headset when Im on the road for work (and when Im not)

Great for downloading tunes across from the laptop

Great fro transfering pics from the phone to the laptop

Great fun doing a search in a public place and that bluejacking stuff

Yeah its a worthwhile thing to have

Well you've all answered my question really!

Its a useful gadget, but I dont use it so therefore I dont need it!

Cant wait til June now! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

hmm.

my phone is paired with.

- the car

- a bluetooth headset

- my iPaq

- my laptop

so - I would say YES.

Bluetooth and GPRS are compulsory on my phones.

nice to see im not the only one with a bluetooth car :P not for long though, im ousting the PC. :(

nice to see im not the only one with a bluetooth car :P not for long though, im ousting the PC. :(

That should put you acceleration and top speed up ;) ;)

I have to laugh everytime I see people walking around with the blue tooth earpieces/headsets on - they look like prats.

OK bluetooth serves as a good and cost effective solution for handsfree motoring. And can be fun with syncronising gadgets to one another.

My personal phone has bluetooth. I rarely use it. When driving all calls are diverted to my work phone which is not blue tooth but is sat in it's handsfree cradle.

Both my phones can comunicate with my laptop via infra red for data transfer.

I have no real NEED for bluetooth.

Also most phones come with a personal handsfree headphone/microphone cable thingy. Once the phone is set to auto answer and voice activated dialing, when accessories are plugged in - you will be road legal.

Like it's been mentioned above - you need to decide whether it's usefull to you or not :thumbsup:

When you're on the Motorway and your phone rings, but then you realise it's in your bag which you threw in the boot but that doesn't matter because you've got your BT handsfree kit up front is when you realise that bluetooth is actually very useful.

I have just got a HF800 BT speaker phone that clips on the sunvisor for the car to replace my Jabra handsfree kit. No more looking like a prat driving down the road with a plastic slug hanging off my ear! and it's a lot less distracting when driving down the road as you're not having this voice pumped directly into your skull.

bluetooth is the ONLY feature I look for when deciding on a new phone.

I have to laugh everytime I see people walking around with the blue tooth earpieces/headsets on - they look like prats.

true.

I dont walk around with it on.

but its in my pocket / on the desk etc.

I dont like using a mobile without a headset.

OK Bluetooth serves as a good and cost effective solution for handsfree motoring. And can be fun with syncronising gadgets to one another.

My personal phone has bluetooth. I rarely use it. When driving all calls are diverted to my work phone which is not blue tooth but is sat in it's handsfree cradle.

Both my phones can comunicate with my laptop via infra red for data transfer.

I have no real NEED for Bluetooth.

Also most phones come with a personal handsfree headphone/microphone cable thingy. Once the phone is set to auto answer and voice activated dialing, when accessories are plugged in - you will be road legal.

Like it's been mentioned above - you need to decide whether it's usefull to you or not :thumbsup:

sounds like you could use BT though mate.

BT car kit - no need to set up forwarding - sure you must have forgotten to do that more than once.

with a BT card, you can transfer files easily and quickly - and with no line of site nonsense like IR.

And with a wired headset, its just as much hassle to set up as forwarding, and you look like a pratt.

Contrast with getting in the car, shoving you wallet / phone etc in the arm rest and driving off.

I reckon you could be better off with BT - you are just choosing not too. :D

I've got a Nokia 7610, which has blue tooth on it, and I've got the folding Motorola headset. Thing is tho, I've found that activating the bluetooth eats my Battery rather quickly. The phone is brand spanking, and I've had the Battery checked at the Nokia repiar centre, and both are excellent. So I don't use my bluetooth now, just the normal pluggy in the bottom.

sounds like you could use BT though mate.

BT car kit - no need to set up forwarding - sure you must have forgotten to do that more than once.

with a BT card, you can transfer files easily and quickly - and with no line of site nonsense like IR.

And with a wired headset, its just as much hassle to set up as forwarding, and you look like a pratt.

Contrast with getting in the car, shoving you wallet / phone etc in the arm rest and driving off.

I reckon you could be better off with BT - you are just choosing not too. :D

You're probably right, but try telling (selling) that idea to our tight-arrse company :rolleyes:

(example: Christmas dinner was held at this "classy joint" in Kettering - cost £5 per head to get in. Dinner cost a fiver per person too (cicken and chips in a basket) and the UK manager thought he was being the hereo in spending £18 of company money on an entire round of drinks :wacko: )

bluetooth does have it's advantages and all, but it's not always absolutely neccessary and it's not an absolute NEED.

But Garrick, by the same token, a mobile phone is not absolute NEED, but it can make your life easier - as bluetooth can...

I leap in my car, and my phone will work with my carkit, no hassle no fuss - but as i said in my first post, its all down to the individual....

You're probably right, but try telling (selling) that idea to our tight-arrse company :rolleyes:

(example: Christmas dinner was held at this "classy joint" in Kettering - cost £5 per head to get in. Dinner cost a fiver per person too (cicken and chips in a basket) and the UK manager thought he was being the hereo in spending £18 of company money on an entire round of drinks :wacko: )

been there mate :(

was at a public sector company that gets ~£400 million pounds of taxpayer money a year. I was one of a very small team implementing a series of systems to manage and report £2 BILLION pounds.

So - not exactly poor.

Xmas meal? We went to PIZZA EXPRESS.

whoo hoo! :rolleyes:

Bluetooth does have it's advantages and all, but it's not always absolutely neccessary and it's not an absolute NEED.

I suspect, if you had a phone with bluetooth for any length of time, and got used to not forwarding calls, setting up headsets etc - then you would change your mind mate :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links