Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Someone Must Own One

urotsukidoji_badassdemon

OK, I just bought a car yesterday, and I don't know if the cambelt has !Removed! gone on it while driving home, but it blew out a trail of light grey smoke and died suddenly on the M3. The RAC guy said I've either blown a head gasket or the cambelt has gone. There was some brown water puddled around the top of the rad fan shrouding. So don't know what to think yet. This is NOT good news, cos I've been told the valves hit on my engine should the cambelt go.

Now, if the head gasket has gone too, then with it being a V6, how do you find out which side has gone??

Bad luck there mate

If the Cam belt has snapped it would both cylinder heads would have to come off and be inspected so that would sort out your HG problem as well.

And if it is just a HG blown id get the other one done too as if ones gone the other one may not be far behind it.

HTH

Hmm, well got someone to come out later 2mro to have a gander, fingers crossed the cambelts ok. PLS PLS PLS God. I got a price for the HG kit, thats both 2x HG, 2x rocker cover gaskets, full set of valve stem oil seals (it's a 24v) and what ever else there is, it's 420 quid!!! HELPPPPPP.

You reckon I should just get 2 head gaskets and 2 rocker cover gasket be ok? Would the valve stem seals need replacing? The cars done 117k.

Id say if your gonna have the car in bits then replace the HG's and stem seals as they have a tendancey to go hard.

I hope the Timing belt isnt broken but best of luck

To my knowledge the UK Camry's (which were made in Japan) were mechanicaaly fine and tended to have fewer troubles than the US built models, however I do remember reading a few threads to do with an oil sludging issue on the US V6's which could be related to your problem, might be worth reading in the Executive section.

Well, I've posted this posting in the Exec section already, but havn't had a single reply from anyone as yet, just views,no replies. :( Looks like no-one own's a V6 Camry in the UK then!!

Hi Dave, I bought a H---- legend on Sunday afternoon, and while driving back from Croydon, where I bought it, it trailed a plume of grey smoke behind me just before the turn off of the M3 J3. I am hoping and praying it's just a head gasket thats blown, and not the cambelt, cos Fleet Honda says if the belt goes, then thats it mate!! Pls pray for me.

Do you think I'm sexy? Ha ha.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links