Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyo's ?

streetracer_starlet

I had toyo proxes t1s on my red starlet and they were top notch! Im wondering if anyone has the toyo proxes T1R's? if so are they better than the older 1's?

thanx :thumbsup:

not tried em mate.

For what its worth - I had the T1-S on my IS, and when I changed just recently, I had to make a decision between the T1-R's and the Goodyear Eagle F1's - and I went for the F1's.

i imagine its a difference between the top speed?

no - they are a new tyre mate.

better in the wet and quieter apparently

i imagine its a difference between the top speed?

no - they are a new tyre mate.

better in the wet and quieter apparently

BETTER?

Whoa, i know what im getting next, they were cheaper (using gold) than the cheap toyo t1s, nice one mate

I thought they were better for the wet but the toyo site says "better shoulder bits for dry corner handling. They must be better than the AVON things on it now,theres plenty of tread on them but the grip is shocking :thumbsup:

A couple of years ago I had Goodyear F1's on my MKII MR2and was well happpy with them. Much improved over the Falken that were on the car when I bout it.

Last year we fitted Toyo T1-S's to Nicola's MKII and I was just as impressed with the improvements to handling and the Toyo's cam in £60 each cheaper than the F1's AND I claimed club discount on the F1's :eek:

So from now on it's Toyo's all the way for me B)

Anyone tried Michelins? expensive but they last a long time. I'm not a fan of toyo's they don't last very long, they are grippy though

They last ages!!!!! The ones on my ep91 are a year old and the rears are 5-6 mm,fronts about 3-4 ish. I dont drive like a !Removed! either :thumbsup:

how many miles do you do?

I don't ring my cars neck but I only get about 12k out of a set of Conti's/GoodYears, its nearer 10k out of toyos and around 15k for michelins.

Albeit my golf diesel does weigh quite a bit more and has double the power of a starlet but its running on 225/40/18 rubber so i would have thought it would have spread the load over quite a big area

The T1-r's are an improovement on the T1-s.. they are slightly quieter.. but you won't notice it if the car has good sound proofing. They have 2 extra grooves on them (down each shoulder), this equates to better water dispersion on cornering in the wet, (makes no difference in the dry.. no tread at all = better in the dry).

Have used them on an Audi TT (4x4) and the grip is superb.. as for mileage, well it depends on the car, the driver, the road surface.. need i say more?.. every car and driver is different, so everyones tyres will last varying amounts of miles. Look after your tyres and they will look after you... and Toyo's are one of the best going. :thumbsup:

They come in different speed ratings from VR to YR.

Michelin.. hmmm.. me no likey :(.. too hard a rubber compound (which is why the last a long(ish) time), but i feel they are a little loose in damp/wet conditions. :o

not tried em mate.

For what its worth - I had the T1-S on my IS, and when I changed just recently, I had to make a decision between the T1-R's and the Goodyear Eagle F1's - and I went for the F1's.

Have fun with the F1's mate they are a belting tyre, but enjoy them while you can, I had a set of them on the company car, I got 3 and a half months out of them and that was it.

Veryvery very soft compound indeed.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links