Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Santa Pod 10 April

System~G

I will update local weather report at around 7am Sunday morning.

If it is raining or looks like Santa Pod is going to be a wash out, We will meet at the Hungry Horse Pub (address for auto route above) at 12 instead of 9 and have some refreshements.

If weather is clear or not a wash-out, then we meet at hungry Horse at 9am to convoy to the Pod I'd imagine we'll be leaving in convoy at 9:20/9:30ish.

Leaving between 9:20 - 9:30 After a Maccy Dees sounds good to me Garrick- see you all tmrw :)

I'll be at the Hungry Horse to lead the Northants Jap convoy from 08:45 so if your travelling from distance I MIGHT get you a coffee ;)

Cheers,

Gareth

If it is a washout i'll come to the hungry horse anyhow but im hopring it will be a nice day

But if the weather isnt to bad i'll meet everone else at the pod

Totday was pretty good. The forcast said it was going to be wet and cold. Was just over cast with a strong breeze - nothing too bad and not much wetness. Forcast says tomorrow is going to be the same... so fingers crossed B)

Yeah, weather looks ok. I'll be at Toddington services 8am-8:15am if anybody else is around. Otherwise see you at the Hungry Horse.

Paul.

Sorry slightly later than promissed (better late than not at all)...

Weather Report:

There is some cloud cover with a steady breaze (can see patches of blue). I heard it rain last night and the cars still have some droplets of water on them but the roads are dry.

Looks like it's good to go 15_8_200v[1].gif

Just got back in B)

Was a pretty good day and the MKI seemed to hold up getting there and back. I decided not to thrash the nuts off it by sending it down the strip a few times as I reckon I could do with waiting a little while before replacing the engine :P

Was a good turnout with 2 X RX7's, 2 X MR2-T, 1 X MR2 N/A, 1 X CelicaST202, 1 X Corolla T-Sport, 1 X Corolla G6 and my MKI MR2.

The only worry of the day was just as we arrived at the Pod, Jap Boy's engine has shed loads of steam pouring out the tops of the bonnet vents - forunately it was he just forgotten to ensure the expansion bottle cap was refitted properly after checking coolant levels this morning and nothing serious.

Thanks to PaulT, Stevetubbyturbo and Richard-K for traveling the long distances to get to the meet - was good meeting you Paul and seeing you again Richard and Steve :thumbsup: See you all again at Bruntingthorpe B)

I was a little dissapointed that once again all members (bar one) promissing to run their cars on the strip backed out at the last minute due to fears of failure, clutch/engine damage - can't blame you though as I thought I'd give my dying engine a little mor elife too :D

Leeky/Lord Ed where were youze? We all missed you :crybaby:

Hats off to fellow NJCF member (Chunk) for beating his target of 13.5 in his 300ZX - his quickest run was 13.3 B) Not bad at all for only have one leg to use too using a crutch to break with is just pure class :thumbsup:

The weather turned quite nice with some sunshine (my face even got sunburned!) making it that much more enjoyable. Great day :thumbsup:

Once again i enjoyed the meet

Sorry for not putting my car down the strip but i just wanted to be cautious with my car as ive got it how i want it to perform for Brunty and after that bloke in the Fiat sports car (what ever it was) did his clutch in and limped of the track it kind of put me off but i was glad i wasnt the only one who chickened out maybe next time if we have another one in May.

Was good to see everone again and the others from other clubs and their RX7's very nice cars.

Cheers Garrick for another good meet :thumbsup:

See you at Brunty

You're not wrong about the sunburn ... didn't really feel it in the wind but it's coming up nicely now :D

Managed to snap a few pictures, don't know if these are TOCers, don't recognise the cars.

Roll on the next one!

Cheers

Paul.

post-1446-1113164763_thumb.jpg

post-1446-1113164798_thumb.jpg

post-1446-1113164814_thumb.jpg

:lol: i just looked at my face i look like a beetroot

Never thought id get sunburn :lol:

:lol:  i just looked at my face i look like a beetroot

Never thought id get sunburn  :lol:

LOL :lol:

Me too - got burned to buggery. My face is still red :ph34r:

leekys car wasnt in good health, as i went to donny on saturday i had to get up at 330 in mornig drive 165 miles to doncaster get freezing cold have a chat and a beer and try to castrate earpl with n20 then drive back was completely exhausted nearly came up about 12 but...didnt bit annoyed with myself that i didnt go, so who run?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Forums

News

Membership