Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

05 Plate Yaris

Pamela

Hi

i have just been to the toyota garage and seen the new yaris. They have a t3 1.3 yaris for £7795, which i thought was brilliant. So i think i will be saying cheerio to my 1lt GS . They say i might get £3400~ for my W plate Yaris (35000miles )

Pam xx :D

Good choice Pam - the P2 is indeed a lovely looking successor!

Any idea when you'll be picking your T3 up? What colour is it?

:thumbsup: Sounds good

More kit, bigger engine and what seems like not a bad trade-in..

A

well unfortunatley the garage was just about to close. But since my yaris is silver just now i feel i should get a different colour. So i think i will go for the dark blue.

So will go in 2mo after work so they can tell my exactly what price i will get.

The bad news is my wee car was damaged on sunday night. I put it in the garage (1st time ever) and a big metal vice fell and hit the back of her :crybaby: !! it looks like i have reversed into something. I was so mad on sunday night. I havent a single mark on it until now. So i dont know how much this will affect the trade-in price. :blink:

Pamxx

How bad is the damage? It might be easy to just knock out......??

It may affect the trade in price a little bit, but maybe try and haggle the price of the car down to accomodate for the difference?

Carlo Blue is an excellent colour by the way! :thumbsup:

£3400 is a good price for a W reg anyway. If the damage isn't too bad they shouldn't worry too much. It costs them a lot less to repair it than it would you!

Good luck.

Damage isnt too bad. Its on the part under the number plate separte from the bumper. Its a around 2" in hight. I just hope i get a good price. I will let you know how i get on 2mo.

Pamxx

Sounds good to me.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a Toyota main dealer to knock down the price of a new Yaris if you mention that you are aware a replacement is on its way?

The Toyota Garage is under Arnold Clark so it is not a main toyota dealer . Not sure if you could? you could always try.

Sounds good to me.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a Toyota main dealer to knock down the price of a new Yaris if you mention that you are aware a replacement is on its way?

Made no difference when I bought mine! :lol:

I'd doubt it actually. They'd just say "this is already a good price and the new Yaris will be more expensive".

I suppose with the current Yaris still doing so well in recent driver/car surveys they can put weight to their argument.

Plus the new Yaris isnt exactly round the corner - there is no date yet but I reckon its about 9 months away....

Maybe in 8 months you'll get discount on the P2 but not now!

OOh wow thats great news :D

When my old T3 (04 plate) went in part-ex she had a big dent and paint scraped off on the pass door, and the dealership said that wouldnt affect the trade-in price either..prolly because it didnt really cost them much to repair it. Also have you got a lot of tax left on your GS? If so then see if they change the price if you take the disc out or not..cos you can get a tax disc rebate from the DVLA if you remove it.

They dont lower the price for more months on your tax dsc! but you should always keep it, they get the refund otherwise! :)

the new yaris should be out september, gettin rid of mr2 and celica aswell!

Hi all

Well i have taken my car to the garage for inspection. The guy said he will only give me £2750 for my car, he said it is in average condition because of the dent! Im not too sure if im expecting too much or should i expect to get that price? :help:

thanks

Pamxxx

Parkers reckon a Yaris of that age & spec should part ex for about £3160.... hes offering less than Parkers' private poor price!

Check out the site..... Parkers

The price for a 5 door is £3315! 5 door valuation

Try somewhere else?

I wouldn't touch Arnold Clark with a bargepole - they're a bunch of rodding sods!

Try Shields, Struans of Perth, Helensburgh Toyota - anywhere that isn't Arnold Clark ;)

A

I hope you're right DA, cos when they start dropping in price thats when I'm goin in for the kill and getting a T-Sport - hopefully!

Well i have taken my car to the garage for inspection. The guy said he will only give me £2750 for my car, he said it is in average condition because of the dent!

For that price I'd tell him to ride, say you were expecting at least £3800 and could he meet you somewhere in the middle! :thumbsup:

I hope you're right DA, cos when they start dropping in price thats when I'm goin in for the kill and getting a T-Sport - hopefully!

Well i have taken my car to the garage for inspection. The guy said he will only give me £2750 for my car, he said it is in average condition because of the dent!

Yeah they should drop in price - similar to what Ford did just before the new Focus came out - they slashed prices on the old one to get rid of old stock!

If you wait til just before the new one is released and see if they are advertising - if not, go down to your showroom and the convo will go something like this.....

Ryan: I want to buy a Yaris T-Sport

Salesperson: OK - sit down and lets go through some stuff

Ryan: Yeah I understand from your website you have a new Yaris coming in a few weeks

Salesperson: Yeeees.....

Ryan: Any chance of a hefty discount then mate - beings as you need to make space for new stock?

Saleperson: Of course sir - come into my office - lets chat!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

For that price I'd tell him to ride, say you were expecting at least £3800 and could he meet you somewhere in the middle! :thumbsup:

Agree with you there bud - always over-estimate! :yes:

Ryan: Any chance of a hefty discount then mate - beings as you need to make space for new stock?

How accurate is that? Scary! Thats exactly how I speak! :thumbsup:

Hi peeps

Just thought I would update you all. I have phoned helensburgh Toyota(not an Arnold Clark) and spoke to the very nice salesman and he said he would match anything that Arnold Clark has. So he said he would sell me the car for 7795. So I have to take my wee car down for an evaluation. So I am hopping to find a wee garage to sort the dent before they see it! Anyone know of a place in the Glasgow area that would be able to do it quickly?

Cheers

Pamxx

Parkers reckon a Yaris of that age & spec should part ex for about £3160.... hes offering less than Parkers' private poor price!

Do bare in mind tho that this estimate from parkers is for private selling, if you part-ex your car in at a dealer you can expect to get alot less.

I used to have a ford probe V6, I was getting part-ex values of £800-£1K, i then went on to sell it privately for 1.5K within a few days of advertising it.

The dealers will take it off ur hands, but when they come to sell it on they need to get their markup on it.

Do bare in mind tho that this estimate from parkers is for private selling, if you part-ex your car in at a dealer you can expect to get alot less.

Those prices are part-ex prices!

Going back to the dent, and AC saying it was in an average condition..that certainly isnt what my dealership said!! They said they would take the car as it is, and with or without the dent wouldnt make a difference :blink:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links