Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Where To Buy A New Yaris

astrym

Hello everyone

this is my first posting (but my third attempt!). I'm very privileged in that my mother's giving me her old yaris cdx. I used to have a fiat spyder for 11 years and this is the second car i've owned. Compared to a classic, it can't be beat for features, economy, comfort and I'm really happy. No more worries about never getting from A to B!

Now I need to help my mum find a replacement, and this is where I need help from you guys, having not bought a new car ever I don't know where to start. However, I think the forecourt where my mum got a quote of 12 grand is not the place!

Anyone out there know where I could get my hands on a new silver auto T-spirit 1.3 5 door? I've tried new-cardiscount.com and autobytel and they require a 500 quid deposit for a pre-reg car with no delivery date fixed in stone. I'm sure I read somewhere that this can become more of a problem that the saving of two grand (they quoted me 10 grand) is worth.

Anyone out there with any tips, experiences? I'd be very grateful.

Cheers

PS Can't wait to pimp my mum's old ride up! You guys are an inspiration! :D

its certainly worth looking around different toyota dealers in ur area.......

.......I was quoted 10.5K for a pre-reg'd t-sport from one dealer (and he could give me a delivery date to boot), i then went to another toyota dealer and told him the situation, he said if i went to him he'd knock £500 off and let me have one for 10K (again a firm delivery date).

so don't discount the franchise's straight away, it may just take a while of digging.

other than that take a look on autotrader at the top end of the price range, a lot of dealers tend to advertise themselves on there selling nearly new, pre-reg'd and new cars.

theres loads of other places to look to, but i dont really know any :P

other than that take a look on autotrader at the top end of the price range, a lot of dealers tend to advertise themselves on there selling nearly new, pre-reg'd and new cars.

Yup ur right!

http://www.interestfree4cars.com/search_re....asp?aid=503972

this is an interesting site. No deposit required interest free credit. They promise cashback on this car as well but you would have to check. Including metallic paint £200 per month for 5 years. Saving on 7.9% APR over list price of £12120 is £2600 or £43 per month over 5 years.

Or www.drivethedeal.com are offering the same model for £9942.01 OTR get your own finance arranged - typical 7.9% APR calculates at £200 per month over 5 years.

You pays your money.....

Either way, to get exactly the car you want brand new you will probably have to wait about 6 weeks.

Good hunting

.......I was quoted 10.5K for a pre-reg'd t-sport from one dealer (and he could give me a delivery date to boot), i then went to another toyota dealer and told him the situation, he said if i went to him he'd knock £500 off and let me have one for 10K (again a firm delivery date).

so don't discount the franchise's straight away, it may just take a while of digging.

Dealers arent all bad! :thumbsup:

A little big of a haggle and you can get a good discount on a new car - even more on a pre-registered model - plus they have the Toyota database at their fingertips too and they can source the right car at the right price for you.....

Good luck - T-Spirit, good choice! :yes:

Dealers arent all bad! :thumbsup:

A little big of a haggle and you can get a good discount on a new car - even more on a pre-registered model - plus they have the Toyota database at their fingertips too and they can source the right car at the right price for you.....

Good luck - T-Spirit, good choice! :yes:

THANK YOU Opelfruit, Blaze, JonBro 2000 and Demonic Angel for your quick replies. I'll check drivethedeal out, haggle with the local dealer and get back to you with the outcome!

Have a great weekend, guys!

Anita :group-cuddles:

Hiya, I got the Blue Pre-Registered from Toyota and got her cheaper because of it, so I am technically the second owner on paper..but no-one else has had her before me :D

Thats one thing to be aware of though astrym if you do buy pre-reg - like Blue says, technically its brand new, but you will be classed as 2nd owner on the logbook after the garage you bought it from.

If you were to write the car off within the first 12 months (it does happen - believe me!) then your insurance company will only offer you a replacement car if it is first registered to you.

I dont think there are any other problems with pre-reg though - thats the only one I know of and its not really very big - just making you aware! :thumbsup:

No probs mate.....

........besides its not like i have anything better to do at work other than sit on the forums all day :D

Thats one thing to be aware of though astrym if you do buy pre-reg - like Blue says, technically its brand new, but you will be classed as 2nd owner on the logbook after the garage you bought it from.

If you were to write the car off within the first 12 months (it does happen - believe me!) then your insurance company will only offer you a replacement car if it is first registered to you.

I dont think there are any other problems with pre-reg though - thats the only one I know of and its not really very big - just making you aware!  :thumbsup:

thanks for the advice. I thought another problem would be that the clock would already start ticking on the manufacturer's warranty from the first owner onwards. I'm going to ring Drivethedeal tomorrow and let you guys know the score. :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links