Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Best Gear Shift Rev Mark

admanirv

I'm not bein funny, but wudnt drivin @ 6000 rpm kill ur car after a while? I kno I drive my car like an old woman but I'd b scared of it dyin if I hammered it @ 6000 revs, am I underestimatin Mr T's cars?

Yes, you are.

Driving at 6000rpm all the time is not good, but running it right through every now and again is good... get's everything going, allowing the injectors, valves etc to open up fully.

Taking it to 6000rpm will have no detrimental effect on your car... driving there permanantly will, but that's nigh on impossible... no roads are safe for that... even tracks would struggle to let you drive on the limiter for the whole time!

The VVT-i technology is highly advanced in these little cars, so they will constantly vary what is best for your car. This is whether your driving at 3000rpm or 6000rpm; the car will be able to handle it so long as the engines warmed up, there's plenty of oil, plenty of coolant and it's running well!

Give it a go, you know you want to!

Yes, you are.

Driving at 6000rpm all the time is not good, but running it right through every now and again is good... get's everything going, allowing the injectors, valves etc to open up fully.

Taking it to 6000rpm will have no detrimental effect on your car... driving there permanantly will, but that's nigh on impossible... no roads are safe for that... even tracks would struggle to let you drive on the limiter for the whole time!

The VVT-i technology is highly advanced in these little cars, so they will constantly vary what is best for your car. This is whether your driving at 3000rpm or 6000rpm; the car will be able to handle it so long as the engines warmed up, there's plenty of oil, plenty of coolant and it's running well!

Give it a go, you know you want to!

I kno I want 2, I've been wanting 2 since I bought it, just dont wanna get sum time down the line & have 2 have half of the engine components replaced coz I've ruined them, it is sumthin thats been buggin me since I got it tho, I mean, y wud they let it go 2 6000 if its gonna kill the engine? So, wud it b safe 2 hammer it whenever I'm not stuck in traffic & that?

Yes, within reason. You'll change gear before you get too high anyway but it won't let you go totally crazy. Hit the rev limiter and you'll see what I mean.

Like Al said... a rev limiter will stop it from doing any damage. If your car fall's apart, then toyota can pay for a new one! I guarantee that if you find an open, safe stretch of National limit road and give it a good belting then it will love it, you will too!!

If you read your manual, it actually tell's you what the highest recommended speeds are for changing gear... if the book says it's fine... then it's more than fine!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links