Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Whats It Worth

toymota16v

just been offered a 85 2.8 manual celica supra (mk1 shape?)with nothing on it just wondered what it was worth

needs new backbox, theres a hole in roof behind sunroof hole in rear quarter and s scabby rear valance guy wants £170 for it just wondered if it was worth buying and chucking thru an MOT then punting it on

i think i can shed a little light on this one..........basically they are worth nothing unless you have one in the same condition as mine............

i have spent something in the region of £3600 on the rebuild and cosmetic looks of the car......

parts are very expensive.......thats if you can find them........spent just under 3 months trying to find two new camshafts for mine....

they are very prone to rusting and can go through a door panel in a matter of months if not treated and watched constnatly......

basilcally mate they are a pain in the :censor: ....but because i love the shape and the way they drive i am prepared to spend the money.........

had mine valued at close to four grand resently buts that due to the work and time spent on her and i would only sell here to an enthusiast who i knew was going to give her the TLC she needed...........

so unless you going to spend lots of money and time on her let her sleep quietly in the corner of some lost old scrap yard till somebody sad like me goes and either puts bits of her to use on another car or totally restores her back to her former glory...... :group-cuddles:

cheers gus i'll give it a miss then :)

£170 ?? Id almost alomost be tempted.. in fact i almost am. Ive been toying with the idea of buying another one (had one a few years back) and restoring it and dropping in a 1JZ. Id love to do it buy my current 1JZ is costing me enough as it is.

How easy are new body panels to get hold of?

You see some perfectly adequate examples for sale at Billing etc for between £1500 and £2500. does anyone know the name/website of the guy who does nothing but 2.8's? He's always at Billing, holds a stack of parts and spares but i can remember his name.

Adi, cant help you with a website mate but i was reccommended these guys by another TOC member and was able to get quite a lot of engine parts all at the same time.....cost me a bit mind but at least they were able to help......all parts are second hand but in good working order.....

TCB Performance Parts Ltd

Florence Road

Kelly Bray

Callington

Cornwall

PL17 8EG

Tel. 01579 383879

All major credit cards accepted and next day delivery if parts are in stock....

couldn't find any body parts for mine and ended up re-welding and patching the body before total re-spray......but only three montha later and the bottom of the doors are showing signs ofbubbles etc....so have to start on them again.......

if you decide to buy let me knowl pal and will try and help restoration as much as i can....would be nice to see another one at the meets etc :thumbsup:

I've been suprised as to what original panels are still available from Toyota - prices are very high though. Doors, sunroof panel and tailgates are all to my knowledge still available. Have just purchased the rubber side and sill mouldings as well as an AC filter/drier.

I have a rust free passenger door. All offers welcome!

The contact at Billing goes under the name of DK Supras. Have got the contact number if needed.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links