Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mg Rover

Fidgits

:angry: Might have helped if the directors hadnt take x million out for themselves earlier on this year........

Thats true - the directors are loaded..... :censor: ing fat cat bosses!

I have to say, I am disgusted with the attitude of the Rover workers..

Firstly, they are given a weeks wages by the goverment, which they complain about.

They are then sent home on full pay..

They then go to Downing street to protest at the fact the govemerment isnt prepared to spend £20million a month to keep a un-profitable car company running....

FFS! there are 6,000 workers... back in 2001, Marconi laid off 25,000, Nortel laid off 18,000, and many more...

Did the goverment help them out? no - did they protest? no.

Even though they lost theirs jobs through market conditions AND mis-management, the accepted it...

Whereas, these workers seem to think they're intitled to something?

[/rant]

you make a very fair point :)

Either help them or don't, don't prolong the suffering. I presonally don't feel that they should be helped out for all the reasons stated already.

You produce products that don't sell then you close down.

*hides as he sees Mr.Flibbles*

I don't want to be on the sharp end of some Hex vision.

everyones entitlied to their opinon..

The only reason Labour is helping is because of the election, i dont think we should be doing anything, and im certain as of May 6th, we wont be..

What offends me is the workers attitudes - its the fact they are practically begging the goverment to help - I think its awful..

Got to say I can't see why the g'ment should subsidise MG, why save a company that has a history of boring, overpriced and not that good quality cars...

OK So it keeps a good few people of the unemployment line but it's flogging a dead horse, numerous people have tried to save MGR over the years to no avail, maybe it's time to face up to things and realise it's a waste of time. Of course it's not nice for the employee's and families but if a business can't cut it, let it go...

I'd rather the Government put those millions into something like improving School dinners or developing a public transport system that works.

IMO The current Rover managment (pheonix consortium?) should have downsized the whole thing to producing a handful of cars a week the minute they took over and waited for a time that Rover's fortunes would change, instead they just stuck their heads in the sand and pretended that Rovers fortunes would change instantly because the British public would rush to their aid and we'd all buy their dated cars.

I mean, moving the number plate from the boot lid to the bumper is not a radical redesign for a car (I thik it's the 45 they did this to) or even worse, taking the same old 90's design and whacking some great big black plastic bumpers on it and calling it the "city rover". Maybe the lack of new models thing was because they wasted their entire research budget on that stupid Rover Supercar!

They had a real chance to change Rover and they just continued to make the same mistakes that had gotten Rover into trouble in the first place. I think Rover is a typical example of British (mis)Management unfortunately and I can't understand why people are shocked when a british company goes under, I'm surprised there aren't more companies failing TBH.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links