Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 6 Climate Control

matoko

Hi there ... Last week my heating system started to blow out warm air regardless of any settings eg air con on/off, temp set high/low. I took her to an air con garage who tested her and re-gassed her and charged me £47 but the end result is exactly the same.

The garage said the exit pipes from the air con unit are very cold therefore it's working. The problem is with the climate control unit !

Any advice ? Will a Toyoto dealer accept my import ? I'd rather avoid that as will doubtless cost a mint !

I've had the same problem - under the bonnet there is a black plastic valve that controls the ratio of warm/cold - looking from the front of the car with bonnet up you should be able to see it at the back of the engine bay connected to the bulkhead (right hand side). Disconnect the cable that comes from the climate unit and see if you are able to move the valve by hand - if you cant then odds are the valve is knackered, if you can move it by hand something is fouling the cable or there is a fault with the climate box.

Sorry i havent got any pics......

Will. :thumbsup:

Hi there ...  Last week my heating system started to blow out warm air regardless of any settings eg air con on/off, temp set high/low. I took her to an air con garage who tested her and re-gassed her and charged me £47 but the end result is exactly the same.

The garage said the exit pipes from the air con unit are very cold therefore it's working. The problem is with the climate control unit !

Any advice ?  Will a Toyoto dealer accept my import ? I'd rather avoid that as will doubtless cost a mint !

Mr T will accept your import. But he`ll be warming his hands over a red hot till afterwards. Take it to someone like Lucas. They can test the A/C as well as Mr T and wont cost you a limb or two. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links