Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mod Advice Needed (impact On Warranty)

ahmurray

Hi People,

Just about to join the happy world of Toyota owners and am after some advice - I am picking up a 2 yr old Rav4 VX tomorrow and am interested in fitting the following mods:

Rear parking sensors

90 degree door opening

Side Steps

I will get the parking sensors fitted by my local dealer, but reckon from what i have read here that I could do the rest myself - my question is, will these mods affect a) the mot, B) insurance and c) Toyota warranty

Also, with the side steps, is it best to get the official toyota ones, or are there cheaper alternatives?

Any advice or information welcomed.

Cheers,

Ali

IMO there will be no warranty impact.

Check strap is genuine US Toyota part and reversing sensors only have to pick up a feed from reversing lights to activate so not really going to interfere with anything likely to go wrong ...

If in doubt check with dealer or HQ (and get it in writing) I guess.

As for side steps, I found them all to be around the same price and in a few cases Toyota ones cheaper. A few of us have gone for Toyota ones on here including myself and I am very happy with them.

[i looked at the Toyota fitted parking sensors and noticed that they only fit two sensors to the rav4. You are likely to find that there is a blind spot in the middle rear to small and slim objects (Lamp post).

I have fitted three sensors of a four sensors unit and found that it works fine. I can now park safely as close as a foot to an obstacle (i.e. from the spare wheel cover.)

My unit has a display but it now sit next to the o/s rear light assembly neatly hidden away----I have settled for the audible warning only.

Unit costs £120.00 but the 3 sensors pack would have suited my configuration just as well and that goes for £80.00.

It is a bit time consuming to fit ---better part of half of a day.

Can easily be fitted by the average DIY person.

See auto-gadgets.co.uk

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links