Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ae92 Gti + N.o.s

vanillaice

Hi,

I dont really know what people's opinions of N.O.S is on these forums, but was wondering if anyone has added it to a 4AGE non-TVIS?

Currently 'playing' with the idea.

Cheers,

ICE

Not being disrespectful do your realise what is involved with Nitrous Injection Kits.

It used to be the thing to have in the late 70's, early 80's and then it seamed to die down for a while (except in Drag racing etc.) but reserged (i think) thanks to films like the 'sad and the spurious' :lol: .

It involves a lot of work and I remember from many years ago can cause nasty incidents with fire.

Also where will you aquire your 'laughing gas'?

i know a few ppl who have it in fords and vxhalls and it does well aslong as u dont go ott with it just add the smallest bhp nozzle and ry it at that the gas its self is available at any good gas supliers and anywhere that recharges the bottles for hospitals ect have fun with it but respect it

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

I dont really know what people's opinions of N.O.S is on these forums, but was wondering if anyone has added it to a 4AGE non-TVIS?

Cheers,

ICE

I was about to post the same question (4age+nos??) and i thought hang on i'd better check in there's already a post about it <_< rather then getting a boll***ing for posting a question that's been asked over n over :P

Anyway had to get rid of my MR2 and thought i'd give the Gti a lil push, well a lil 50bhp shot push maybe!? :wacko:

Just not sure if i'll blow the engine or not. I know you can blow it if you go ott as 'albundy' pointed out, but a few shot's here n there you reckon it could cause future engine damage?

Thanks

Yasin :thumbsup:

• 5 months later...

no one that i can think of. kits today are a lot better (and safer) than the old kits. if you get one get a reputable make and make sure you get it fitted by a reputable company. dont go too mad with the increase and all should be well.

one further point make sure you give the engine a THOROUGH service before you fit it. incl things like dizzy cap, arm and leads and make sure you have platinum plugs in there too

no one that i can think of. kits today are a lot better (and safer) than the old kits. if you get one get a reputable make and make sure you get it fitted by a reputable company. dont go too mad with the increase and all should be well.

one further point make sure you give the engine a THOROUGH service before you fit it. incl things like dizzy cap, arm and leads and make sure you have platinum plugs in there too

THOROUGH as in rebuild? :eek:

Its only a thought at this stage, by no means top of my list!!!

Cheers,

ICE

nah mate. as long as the engine is in good condition (ie not knocking or burning oil) she should be fine, i ment change all fluids and make sure the ignition and fuel system are in good condition (remember to change your fuel filter)

hi guys,

i know some1 that has fitted nos, it isn't that hard to fit and you can quite easily get your bottled filled. just don't over do it and start off with the smaller nozles e.g 25bhp, then if you happy perhaps 50bhp but don't get too excited and stick 100bhp nozles in (which i'm sure you wouldn't anyway)...

let us know what you decide... go for it!!!

chris

nah mate. as long as the engine is in good condition (ie not knocking or burning oil) she should be fine, i ment change all fluids and make sure the ignition and fuel system are in good condition (remember to change your fuel filter)

Engine aint knocking. Uses a small amount of oil, but not enough for me to worry about.

So change: engine oil, coolant, gearbox oil(?)

Fuel system seems ok (How would I know otherwise?), I changed the fuel filter 3 or 4 months ago, so should be ok there, right?

Cheers,

ICE

yep and as i said i would change dizzy cap, rotor arm, plug leads and plugs if they havent been done recently (ie the last year or so) and make sure you use NGK platinum plugs as the car will run much smoother on them (mine did anyway)

hey Dawsey, i thought Iridiums were better then platinums? does it depend on your car spec? cus i was going to get some Denso iridiums for my rolla gti

iridiums are better. really but only necesary on turbo cars to be fair

my old man had progressive n.o.s on his audi a4 ( 1.8 ) till it blew up, he now has a s3 2.6 v6 twin turbo 400bhp monster in it - leave well alone

Check out www.nitrous.info - build your own nitrous kit!

Just a quick point on platinum and Iridium plugs - they provide a longer service life but NOTHING else!

No extra power - only restore power lost by having knackered plugs to start with.

and give a more reliable spark hence there use in forced induction cars

Hi,

Cheers,

ICE

Try MJS Services in Ipswich, they fit nitrous systems. There number is 01473 212594.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links