Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A/c Noise / Fan-noise On Camry 94 V6

EXTROBOY

Hi Everyone:

I've been having a strange problem with the air conditioning system on my 1994 Toyota Camry V6. The a/c blows cold and seems to works fine, but after about 5 minutes of use it begins to produce a loud whiny noise (similar to a leaf blower or vaccum) from the engine compartment. This noise is produced by the hydraulic fan of the motor spinning at high speed and is louder during acceleration. If I switch off the a/c, the noise continues for a few minutes (and cold air continues to seep from the vents) before it stops.

The compressor seems to be spinning fine and the a/c is producing cold air - just the noise is troublesome. If its of any relevance, this problem first began to occur after I left the car in park with the a/c running for about 10 minutes.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, since I recently moved and don't know of any reputable/trustworthy mechanics in the area yet...

Thanks,

Rigoberto

• 1 month later...

It was the radiator ... I just clean it and flush it in a mechanic shop .. and the problem solve... the car was heating i think so because of the a/c... and the radiator was not working at 100%.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links