Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Team-Mate for Panis

Nick-Johnson

Who would you guys like to see partner Olivier next year at Toyota?

A) Felipe Massa

B) Cristiano De Matta (Very Unlikely)

C) Another (Please State)

I'd like to Cristiano De Matta up against Montoya and Villeneuve.

Rumours I've heard are that Massa is out of favour at the moment, but the way things are it'll be someone else soon maybe Pizzonia ;)

If you were quick you'd have seen where I got it from but a crisis of confidence has let me alter this message, because I may get in trouble for leaking info before we go to press! :o

oh sod it! check September 25 issue of Motorsport News (tomorrow) ;)

We might even sell a few more papers!

• 2 weeks later...

New CART champion Cristiano da Matta has denied that his expected switch to Formula 1 with Toyota is a done deal.

The Brazilian, who wrapped up the Champ Car title with a win in Miami on Sunday, said that he has yet to make a decision on his plans for 2003. He has been strongly tipped for a Toyota F1 drive for months.

"I still don't have an answer," said da Matta. "Nothing is decided yet. I know there are a lot of rumours that something is decided, but it's not.

"I cannot deny I'm talking to F1. I have a deadline, and I am still waiting to see what CART is going to be next year. You know, when you have a relationship as good as the one I have with Newman-Haas, as good as I have it living here in America, everything counts.

Quote from Autosport

Yeah I saw that, trouble is you hear one thing one minute and then something else the next, I suppose it's all going to rest upon how good a deal he'll get to make that switch.

Toyota are being very quiet about the whole thing

;)

massive speculation!

I have heard that Massa is still well with in a shout of driving a Toyota next season. So watch this space.

• 4 weeks later...

The Toyota Formula 1 team has announced one of the worst-kept secrets in the sport this season - that CART champion Cristiano da Matta will partner Olivier Panis at the team next year.

:)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links