Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wiring Speakers To Parcel Shelf

H_5hum

Right,.... I recently bought sum Speakers, and i need to wire up wires to the back of the car, and onto the parcel Shelf. I have two questions for ya all to hopefully answer for me.

1. Wiring from the front to the Back sounds easy enough. From behind the Headunit stereo, around above the pedals,(or the other way) and under the door sills. So far, thats all good, but i want the wires to run through behind the Rear seat side panels. The problem is i dunno how to take them off. :huh:

After that comes off, does it run straight through to the Boot? The idea is to have all the wires hidden so that it does not look a mess in the car. Any Solutions???

2. Parcel SHELF!!! Too Small. i Have 6 by 9's and if i drill holes for them to fit on my standard parcel shelf, it will become too flimsy and sound quality will reduce by loads. So i have decided to make one. THe thing is, I have that weird gap thing between the parcel shelf and the rear seats. I want to make a shelf so that it is a bit longer and it reaches the seats. (Not so it touches and rubs, maybe like only 2cm gap between or something) The shelf is quite straight forward to make, but the pivot or hinges where it rests on confuses me on how to make the shelf fit on that????

So if Anybody out there kno anything, or have done this before, it would be cool if you could reply some answers.

Cheers :)

H_5hum

Will post it tomorrow for you when im a bit more awake. in the morning even. or possibly when i wake up. you know what i mean

heres a pic of my parcel shelf, it's not very clear so i'll get a better pic later. The shelf rests either side on the plastic but I have cut around the pegs, otherwise you will not get it in. It is then screwed from underneath to hold it.

parcelshelf.jpg

ive got my Speakers on stock shelf, sound ok to me, but as for measurement or question speak to wood guru chris aka chris canavavn, hell be around no doubt somtime 2day, altho tho no doubt feeling very hung over :lol:

as for the first question, using a snallish flat object, fialy blunt, u can push the wise under the plastic, so no need to take off rear panneling

:thumbsup:

Right well it's basically been summed up already. Main thing you have to do is get a decent thickness MDF, trace the old shelf onto it, cut the holes for the Speakers, then notch out where the pegs are on the shelf. easy peasy. but chris shall explain better when he's sobered up a bit

:lol: yes im feelin a little sorry for myself today. im in work at the moment but i will explain how to do it when i get home. unless it gets really quiet later on

heres a pic of my parcel shelf, it's not very clear so i'll get a better pic later. The shelf rests either side on the plastic but I have cut around the pegs, otherwise you will not get it in. It is then screwed from underneath to hold it.

parcelshelf.jpg

finally got a pic, just cut around and screw from underneath.

Make sure you use 18mm MDF, I used 12mm and it's starting to bend, so eventually I will have to replace mine

KIF_1685.jpg

KIF_1686.jpg

nah don't screw it in. chriscanavan explained me how to make mine, and i can still fold the thing up. plus it ruins the plastics inside by sticking unnecessary screws in

Cool, Cheers Ppl. Umm,,....so basically, No need to take off rear panels? i mean if i wanted to, how could it be done:P:P Is it like the door sills where they are just clipped on?

As for the parcel shelf, could the MDF be cut so it fits inside and around the plastic bit that sticks out. (asking so many qustions ere:p) My aim is to make the parcel shelf the same, still allowing it to be lifted but with the extended back bit so its nearer the seats.

Well thanks for the info posted already. Shud get me started on sum things :D:D

Cheers everyone :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links