Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Brakes On My Rolla

ae111sr

For those of you with AE111 Corollas this might be interesting.

I've replaced my front discs and pads (not bad as they were the originals from when I bought the car new in 1998 - 70,000 miles ago :eek:) with these

gallery_1879_14_1115111916.jpg

They are Tarox "Sport Japan" drilled and grooved discs and Tarox "Strada" pads. Nothing in the Tarox catalogue for the Corolla AE111 these are for the Corolla AE101 - but they fit!! :D :thumbsup:

gallery_1879_14_1115050285.jpg

Ok John! What bank did you rob!? New brakes now! Its something every week! You lucky lucky man! lol

So where did you source these from? I could maybe do with some new discs soon, clocked up 70k the other day :crybaby:

Ok John! What bank did you rob!? New brakes now! Its something every week! You lucky lucky man! lol

So where did you source these from? I could maybe do with some new discs soon, clocked up 70k the other day  :crybaby:

Hi Ross,

No bank robbery - I just don't have a life and spend all my cash on the car :lol: :shutit:

Got them from a place up in your neck of the woods "Need for speed" - guy called Joe was very helpful.

John

Cheers John! Will look into it soon! :yes: :D

Looks ace (especially with those wheels) now do a bit of detailing ...get those calipers painted, a 'gunmetal' colour would suit your car well.

P.S. Finally had a look at your website about your car,

very,very interesting and informative

Looks ace (especially with those wheels) now do a bit of detailing ...get those calipers painted, a 'gunmetal' colour would suit your car well.

P.S. Finally had a look at your website about your car,

very,very interesting and informative

Cheers,

My wife reckons the calipers need to be painted as well - I quess it'll get done then :lol:

Glad you found the website worth a look :D . I've tried to make it as informative as I can so that anyone else with an AE111 Rolla can see what can be done and hopefully learn from my mistakes - cos I've made a few and they can be expensive :crybaby:

John

NICE whats the price like in comparison to the fensport "no name" discs?? (well at least no one ive ever heard of) ive got a set of hi spec 335mm discs and 4pots in my shed (from my 205 days) i thought about fitting these to my car but it a bit excessive for 109bhp and hi spec wanted £400 for developing and machining new bells for my car (£400!!) plus another £100 to recon the calipers!

NICE whats the price like in comparison to the fensport "no name" discs?? (well at least no one ive ever heard of) ive got a set of hi spec 335mm discs and 4pots in my shed (from my 205 days) i thought about fitting these to my car but it a bit excessive for 109bhp and hi spec wanted £400 for developing and machining new bells for my car (£400!!) plus another £100 to recon the calipers!

£275 including VAT and carriage.

£275 including VAT and carriage

looks like its eBay for the 4 pots in the near future

If they were a straight fit I'd have them off you - but I know they won't :crybaby:

I know, plus they need 17s, the price by hi spec is shocking (recon the calipers isnt to bad) i reckon that a good engineers could poss make the bells a bit cheaper but im not an engineer so i dont really know how hard it would be (probly a lot harder than it looks) i asked the bloke at hi spec (geoff) how much it would cost new and he said it would be £1100!! inc r+d costs! shokin innit? they the ones ive got for my old 205 cost me 700ish about 5yrs ago.

£275 including VAT and carriage.

I hope that included 4 discs and not just 2 for that price!!!!! :wacko:

Kev

I hope that included 4 discs and not just 2 for that price!!!!! 

just the two in my case!!

So when is the rear discs going on?

When I can get them mate - still looking

I hope that included 4 discs and not just 2 for that price!!!!!  :wacko:

Only got two discs on mine Kev :P there's £30 odd in there for pads as well but they're still not cheap I know.

wow!

I got my Brembo cross drilled, grooved and vented from eBay for under £100 including shipping!!! I've checked and there is no more available from the seller or on eBay at present.

Certainly a good upgrade though and make a huge difference to the braking as yours look similiar to mine! I know Tarox aren't usually cheap though.

Kev

wow!

I got my Brembo cross drilled, grooved and vented from ebay for under £100 including shipping!!! I've checked and there is no more available from the seller or on ebay at present.

Certainly a good upgrade though and make a huge difference to the braking as yours look similiar to mine! I know Tarox aren't usually cheap though.

Kev

The best deal I could find for Brembo discs were about £25 cheaper than the Tarox so not a huge difference

They look good :thumbsup: I take it the disks for the ae101 are the same as the ae111 then

All I can definitely say is that they the same as my AE111 so probably right for all AE111.

You've got the Levin GTZ front suspensiona and brakes haven't you? 275mm diameter. Probably the same as the later Mk2 MR2 - 91 onwards I think.

All I can definitely say is that they the same as my AE111 so probably right for all AE111.

You've got the Levin GTZ front suspensiona and brakes haven't you? 275mm diameter. Probably the same as the later Mk2 MR2 - 91 onwards I think.

Yeah 275mm thats them :thumbsup: I will have to look at an mr2.... hmmm wonder if bibbs will let me have a look at his car :lol::lol:

Yeah 275mm thats them :thumbsup: I will have to look at an mr2.... hmmm wonder if bibbs will let me have a look at his car :lol::lol:

Diffs between rev1 MR2 and rev2+ MR2

Front: was 256mm x 24mm, improved to bigger, 275mm x 30mm

Rear: was 262mm x 16mm, improved to bigger, 280mm x 22mm

And the setup is 5 stud 114.3 PCD.

I got my Red.Dat disks direct and my Pagids from Fennies ..

Didn't think the rears were bigger thouhg :huh:

Its looking good John - thats a nice shiny disc! Got your mail about the MoTeC setup, well done for leading the way and showing us it can be done. I think it was money well spent. Time for Turbo soon me thinks.....

How can you say you have no life when you drive a motor like that??

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links