Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Techy Info Needed For Newbie

josewick

hi all,

I have become a proud owner of a Lucida 2.2 TD 2WD like most others.

Can someone give me the engine model so I can cross reference some usual service parts or if you guys can just give me some info on them like the part numbers or at least tell me which other Toyata uses same engine in UK, this will be a lot of help.

Also the car is coming up to 100,000 km shortly which i then need to change the cam belt? i guess that is belt driven not chain..... Is it easy? i am quite mechanical myself.

any other lucida to recommand??

Thanks

JOe

Hi Joe,

I think you can locate part of the information you are looking for by checking a plate in the engine compartment. It is normally attached to the sides of the compartment. The plate should have information on:

1. Model

2. Engine

3. Frame no

4. Color, trim, GVM

5. Trans/axle

I think it is the code printed for "frame no" you need for searching parts for your car, just like mine.

Hope this helps and rgds

thanks sammy.

If someone can let me know what other toyotas use the same engine... it will be appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

Hello Joe,

I believe that the 2.2 used on your car is 3C-T unit. It shares the same engine as Toyota Picnic 2.2 TD.

Hope this helps. :yes:

if it is the same engine to the picnic. then great, I will be able to source any service parts from my local spares.'

Thanks

Also, Toyota dealers are good at ordering parts even for an import. If you give them the chassis No. and model code, which is on the VIN plate, they will be able to source the parts, even for the bits which are unique to that vehicle.

:yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links