Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cholmondeley Castle Vehicle Show

Twincam.GTi

Went this weekend to Cholmondeley Vehicle show with my Corolla GTi and fellow members of TEC (TOYOTA ENTHUSIASTS CLUB).

Vehicles of all shapes and sizes were there from Austin Se7ens to OB Coaches, Motorcycles to Commercials and 1950's Hot Rods to 1980's Hot Hatches.

The only vehicles that seemed to be so few of were military vehicles which did supprise me as it was 60th Aniversary of VE Day on Sunday May 8th.

Some pics of the day

Cholmondley1.jpg

Our 'Line up'

'77 Celica RA28, '89 Corolla GTi (mine), 91 Corolla Levin, '67 Crown :drool: , 97 Starlet SR, '77 Land Cruiser Pickup

GTiatCholmondley.jpg

My GTi

Cholmondley3.jpg

Another picture with the Castle and grounds (And part of the superb Auto Jumble behind us)

...and a couple of pics of other vehicles there

Cholmondley2.jpg

Opel Manta 'A' Series (Sometimes refered to to as the 'Stingray' shape) complete with Matt black bonnet and four 'Cibies' :drool::drool::drool:

Cholmondley4.jpg

BMW '002' range shape from the late 60's/early to mid 70's, to me the nicest shape BMW ever made

the car's looking good! :thumbsup:

have u got any pictures of it on its own?

is that TEC any good? someone told me there was a red AE82 at tatton park with them last year. if that's the case, i might join

JT Posted Yesterday, 03:35 PM

is that TEC any good? someone told me there was a red AE82 at tatton park with them last year. if that's the case, i might join

Yes the TEC is very friendly and very helpful. The club is geared for all Toyotas over 10 years old (although all are welcome), however understandably due to it's origins (was formed in 1991) a large 'area' of interest is the 70's and (if any are left ) the 60's as it was what vehicles the founder members had at the time. What must be said though is that the founder members are not 'stuck in a time warp' for it was the gentleman with the 1967 crown who had a pile of information (Sales brochures, Magazine articles and even toys/models) on 4AGE powered Corollas of the 80's; so once again I have to say they are very helpful.

Within the club there is a Corolla GT register (RWD & FWD, UK and Import) for the 80's/ early 90's machines.

• 1 month later...

[Hi, I`m a new member to the TOC and wounder if you can give me any advice on any suppliers that can help with modifications to the brakes and suspension of my RA28/18rg. Cheers!

racecar ...Hi there :D

A RA28 Celica :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: The best Celica ever :thumbsup:

In the TEC there is a Celica 20/40 Register,

The knowledgeable person who runs the register is Malcom Graham Jones on 01242 242338

Also there is a fellow who restores 70's Celicas (not cheap!) called Bob Clark on 01179 353736

He might know of what mods fit etc.

racecar ...Hi there :D

A RA28 Celica  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool: The best Celica ever :thumbsup:

In the TEC there is a Celica 20/40 Register,

The knowledgeable person who runs the register is Malcom Graham Jones on 01242 242338

Also there is a fellow who restores 70's Celicas (not cheap!) called Bob Clark on 01179 353736 

He might know of what mods fit etc.

Thanks very much for the info, I`ll give them a call. This time next year I`m hoping to have it ready for some of the shows, cheers!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links