Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Removing The Instrument Panal Cover

bouldy_

Hello,

I've ordered some clock faces to replace the oringal kph faces with mph ones. Just wondering how do you go about changing them.

Celica st202 95 N

Cheers

Mike

good question ... i have kph too... 12 quid for the face is enticing but i havent a clue how to get in there to do the job either ... watches topic with interest :unsure:

Been thinking of changing my dials to a lovely white set, but the installation has been daunting me as well....

Does anyone happen to know of a good place for Dial Kits, most of the websites I've seen they're about £50, which is a bit more than what I'm prepaired to pay.

Well you'll be please t hear it's quite an easy job. From memory here's how it all comes to pieces.

1) Remove two screws under front lip. Remove the black strip they hold on. You will need un-clip the dash dimmer thingy.

2) Remove two screws at the top of the cluster infront of the clear plastic and one at each of the bottom corners. Now you can remove the black to suround.

3) There are now four clips, two at the bottom and two at the top that hold the clear plastic front onto the cluster. They are the standard wedge shaped type of clips that can be un-clipped by squeezing them towards the cluster. This will then come out.

4) There are now I think 4 screws easily accessable that hold the cluster itself in. Remove this and it's loose. It's quite fiddly to get out as a) it only just fits thorugh the hole and B) you need to un-plug the wire blocks that feed into it's back. They come out easily though and with some wiggleing you'll have the dial cluster on your lap.

Re-fitting is reverse of dismantling as they say. What ever you do don't remove the needles from the dials OR move/nock the milage counter. The needles are a nightmare to get back reading corectly and the counter will look like you've clocked the car.

The black centres to the needles do come off but I can't tell you how. I didn't need to for my dials, they just slipped over.

Hope this helps.

Andrew

PS, it was 6 months ago so I may not be 100% accurte but this should get you through

I just fitted my white dials tonight. I will post the pictures tomorrow of how it was done :thumbsup:

*EDIT*

I've posted a new topic with photos showing how it's done - quite easy really except getting the speedo needle in the right place!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links