Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Standard Alarm Problem

jenncarl

Hi every 1 I`ve got a problem with my standard toyota alarm system, it is a remote central locking type and it used to beep three times when locking the car, but now it only beeps twice and when the door is opened by the key the alarm doesnt go off has any1 else had this problem and do they know how to fix it please cheers all. The car is a 95 celica

i hust got mine cut out it turned th car into a big red paperwight crappy things, take it out and get a decent one fitted

Alarm problems are common and people upgrade cus they are only CAT2. Take it to Toyota and it will cost you £300 to repair it or disable it.

Which Gen Celica do you have?

If you have £300 buy a Toad Alarm its CAT1. Bonus is your insurance should be cheaper.

Theres a fix the Gen6 Alarm to disable them http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36466

I don't mean to argue but the standard alarm is a cat 1 on a 1995 Celica:

check out: http://www.thatcham.org/resources/pdfs/compliance.pdf

From 95 - 99 they fitted the Toyota TVSS IIIB which is an Ultrasonic factory fitted Cat 1 Alarm/Immobiliser

From Nov 99 onwards they started to use the TVSS IVS which is a microwave alarm but only a Cat 2

Some Celicas between 94 and 96 got the Toyota 5000 alarm which looks to be slightly better - It is also a Cat 1 Ultrasonic Alarm but cuts off 3 curcuits wheras the TVSS IIIB used a software cut.

I have the TVSS IIIB but that doesn't beep so I'm guessing that jenncarl has a Toyota 5000 Alarm.

It could fix itself by doing a full reset (ie Disconnecting the Battery for half an hour) That should sort anything out with it but could also cause problems if it doesn't want to start back up properly

Hope this info helps :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links