Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Starlet Mod's !

Dino

Hay Starlet buddies.. :arrgg-matey:

Will u guys be kind enough to list out some MODs i can do to my starlet....

Its a Non-Turbo ofcourse... (EP82) 4E-FE..

I've so far done fitting da K & N Air filter + The Muffler (Not Piping) B)

& Had GOOD results by the way... :D

Any thing else i can do ?? :(

PEACE !

To be honest mate the best thing to do is to get a 4efte engine and put it in. I suppose a set of cams might give you an increase. In about a month i might have a full turbo, manifold, intercooler fuel pump and injectors which you could use on your engine. log onto www.toyotaownersclub.com/forum its full of starlets and some good advice on mods!!

Tom

i'd agree for the money of getting some naughty cams, and a new engine managment and mapping, you may aswell go for a 4efte engine conversion.

The alternative is a 1500cc 5E-FHE from a Sera or Cynos, which would be cheaper but 110bhp.

If you think the exhaust and air filter has made a big difference, you'll blow your mind with a Starlet Turbo engine...

Andrew

Thankx Buddies.. :yes:

I'll see if i can find an 4efte engine..

About the cams, is there a exact number or a model for those which goes with my engine??

If do please write it down.. :)

How much would u guys think a starlet GT Turbo engine will cost ?? ( 5E-FHE )

Is there Lot more mods i have to do after i Fit a Turbo engine ?? :huh:

PEACE!!

Eazy now rude boi,

Well, lets start with the Starlet turbo engine!! In standard form it produces an amazing 135bhp. It's not too difficult to get 200bhp, but it'll cost you.

If your wanting 300bhp then I've heard of some cars in Japan that have used the bottem end of a 5E-FE/FHE engine from the paseo/sera. With a bit of fettling and forged pistons etc they achieved 300bhp.

As for a Starlet turbo engine, Fensport(01354 696968) do a full conversion kit including everything you could possibly need to convert your car. This is £1200+vat not cheap but worth it.

There is a place in South Wales that has Starlet turbo parts, I got a rear axle with calipers & discs off him. I asked how much a turbo engine would be, he said £300+vat, But I'm not sure what will be included in that!!! I think probably just the engine and nothing else, I'm not sure!!! I haven't got the number on me though as I'm at work at the minute!! Will have a look when I get home :thumbsup:

But I suggest before you get your turbo engine, that you upgrade your brakes and put discs on the back!! :blink:

Hope that was of some help

Nath :wacko:

Well 4 a non tbo its too much mega buk's to get serious performance.

Like the lad's say a tbo 4efte will be the best bet,,,save you plenty of dosh in the long run!

• 4 weeks later...

Im only new here so first of all Hi to all u guys.

2nd Take a hint from OZ. I have had my EP82 for 8 months now and recently blew the motor. after finding difficulty sourcing parts in Australia I opted for the following mods.

1.5l block (5e-FHE) fitted with existing head from my 1.3l (4e-FTE)

a set of fully custom made forged pistons

a set of fully custom made rods

*both above with rings, pins, rod bolts, ect*

re ground crank

larger mild cams

a new ECU (microtech mtx-8)

a set of 660cc injectors

ported intake manifolds (ported to just under gasket size)

custom turbo manifold

a Nissan Pulsar GTi-R turbo rebuilt hiflowed and fitted with a 360 degree thrust bearing.

All this work on top of the front mounted intercooler, 3" mandrel bent exhaust and re-located air filter.

Makes 185kw at the wheels on Dyno

motor being run in but will post 1/4 (0-400m) when done.

p.s all this set my bank account back about $6000 aust :eek:

Styla, thanks for the info buddy and welcome to the club....

Look forward to seeing your times and hearing how the car gets on...

Cheers mates !!! :thumbsup:

first of all i have to tell ya im real sorry i could'nt get to ya Coz i was sooo busy studying for ma examz .. :crybaby:

Warm welcome to Styla ... welcome to the forum ;)

I was thinkin of doin the engine swap @ the end of this month ( if i get a good engine)

the thing is its hard to find a 4E-FTE engine here in Sri Lanka.. Ma mate sacha here is bringin down a engine from jap end of this month.. so i think i'd go for that some how !! :arrgg-matey:

The price for the engine will be around 750 - 800 US$ & with the fittin charges & other stuff it'll come for about 850 US$ (i think.... just estimated my self ;) )

U guys think the price is OK compared to the performance?? :unsure:

(I know comin from standard 85HP to 133HP is like one hell of a performance ! :D

dino

anything over 220 brake in a 1300cc Turbo starlet engine is not gonna last very long(i know) :crybaby:

my starlet is currently running 188bhp@1 bar boost(14.5psi)

my last one was 230bhp but as i said earlier it didnt last too long and i blew an oil pump and 2 of my pistons melted while showing off at a cruise :rolleyes:

188 brake is great..plenty of power to scare standard scoobys and reduce the risk of blowin your engine B)

i want about 350 brake but the ONLY way i can do this safely is by a total engine transplant..and i have a 2.0Turbo from the mighty Celica GT4 in mind <_<

good thing is it can be done and the 4wheel drive running gear can be also transfered..but its a long and difficult job..

just think a little 870kilo little car lashin out 4 wheel drive and 350 odd brake...haha evo killer :drool:

anything over 220 brake in a 1300cc Turbo starlet engine is not gonna last very long(i know)  :crybaby:

my starlet is currently running 188bhp@1 bar boost(14.5psi)

my last one was 230bhp but as i said earlier it didnt last too long and i blew an oil pump and 2 of my pistons melted while showing off at a cruise :rolleyes:

I disagree! If you had correct fueling you would not melt pistons. Sounds like your car was set-up badly as it was running lean. (Too much boost)

There are 300bhp 1.3 starlets in NewZealand and OZ who have no reliability issues. They also have 500+Nm of torque and regularly run high 11's quarter miles.

If you get it set up correctly there is no reason why it shouldn't be reliable.

• 3 years later...

First of all, hello to everyone on here because i have just become a member today!!

Secondly, I know next to nothing about cars and would really appreciate any help given!

Right this is the situation: I have a 1998 Starlet 1.3 S and would like to go about making it a bit more exciting :lol:

I have been reading the posts on here and I have seen a lot of things like engine 4EFE, I understand these are different types of engine, but how do i know what mine is? It would help greatly if i knew because when looking for parts, the parts always seem to be listed under engine types like these and i do not know what mine is!?

I have read that i can get an engine conversion from fensport for around £1200 and i want to know if this is available for my car?

I have sooo many more questions but will leave it at this for now!!

Anyone that can give me some help, please do as i do not know much and would appreciate it so much :thumbsup:

:help:

Thanks

Dom

First of all, hello to everyone on here because i have just become a member today!!

Secondly, I know next to nothing about cars and would really appreciate any help given!

Right this is the situation: I have a 1998 Starlet 1.3 S and would like to go about making it a bit more exciting :lol:

I have been reading the posts on here and I have seen a lot of things like engine 4EFE, I understand these are different types of engine, but how do i know what mine is? It would help greatly if i knew because when looking for parts, the parts always seem to be listed under engine types like these and i do not know what mine is!?

I have read that i can get an engine conversion from fensport for around £1200 and i want to know if this is available for my car?

Anyone that can give me some help, please do as i do not know much and would appreciate it so much :thumbsup:

Thanks

Dom

yes mate the kit is designed for your/my car ...

Thanks

Dom

yes mate the kit is designed for your/my car ...

Thanks very much for telling me this!

Where did you get your engine from because this is what i want to do to my car.

oh yeah gorgeous starlet by the way mate B)

i will not be able to fit it myself as i am just a beginner

if i buy the conversion from fensport, what does this involve and what do you recommend doing to my car before i go ahead and get a conversion?

so does this mean my standard engine is EP91?

out of interest what horsepower is your starlet pumpin out?

extremely grateful for your help :thumbsup:

Dom

• 3 weeks later...

hi people

I´m from peru, and I own a toyota starlet reflet f 1999 A/T totally standard (EP9 , 4efe engine 1300 cc)

I want more power on my engine but not expending thousands of dollars, pounds, euros, or whatever. My engine must be around 90 hp , I want to develop about 120 hp. many people in peru have k&n air filters, air cold intakes, headers and mufflers. is it everything that I can do with my engine?

plese give some advice.

thanks

carlos_vini ...

• 1 month later...

hi carlos im new here too. i have a glanza now but before it i had a starlet ep91 a/t. i bought a hks filter, twister last silencer,hand made manifold, 42mm complete egshoust pipes and a safc adjustment.

after all of these mods, i passed all starlets in north cyprus :) if u want other application of these parts, u want more money.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links