Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brecons & Reservoir Run...

TheNissanMan

Just a thought...

Recently went along to the MX5 Spring Rally at Margam park and went on an organised run through the Brecons and along the Reservoirs, it's great run and the views are stunning (some great photo opps).

I should still have the printout of directions of the run in the car and would be great to organise a run with the club around the area, some great country roads :D

In total the run is 100 miles from Margam Park along and then back so it's quite a lenthy drive but well worth it, any7one up for a meet and run for the day stopping somewhere for a pub lunch????

Hi Ryan, Good idea mate. I was thinking about a meet to bridge the gap between Japfest and JAE - though some Taffs might be going to Japshow at Santa Pod.

Anyone else interested???

Yeah...

Start talking date's etc....

You're talking about Rhayader[poss' wrong spelling].Where the Dam Busters practiced..and part of the film was made :thumbsup:

Off the top off head can't remember route...

Come off M4 at J40, turn right and then left and it goes through the twisty brecon pass, comes down the other end through a couple of villages and then along a couple of reservoirs, some very narrow roads on the run but nothing OTT apart from great scenary....

Was putting it up as an idea to see how many were interested :D

• 2 weeks later...

Come on guys the weathers improving so lets get the polish out and 'av a meet :group-cuddles:

Hi, all, any ideas as to when this could be happening! will be haveing

some work done on the car soon, so if ive got an idea of when its ON, will

make sure the cars not in the garage!

HA ha so i've tracked you down andy7reg :P

Looks like if we do settle on something there could be a big turnout for this :group-cuddles:

There's interest on the gt4oc site and the Celica-Club site..

Let's sort a meet out :thumbsup:

Pottential for a BIG UN here guys ;)

like I said sorry for putting you in the fireing line NELL-BOY, but would be a

shame not to put ALL-THESE welsh boys together in one place local!!

especally the celica boys!! and like i said, you seem to be a good orginiser!!

hopefully we can get it sorted for the next couple of weeks!!

Sunday June the 26th... Meet @ The Big Pit @ 10:00...Then Hay-on-Wye via The Black Mountains...Maybe a pint @ Llanthony Priory on route..Then back via Hfd/A465 [no speed cameras] to Abergavenny...Pint and a curry :group-cuddles:

There seems to be some intersest from the GT4OC,and Celica-Club guys.. :thumbsup:

PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR TAKING YOR POST MATE...SORRY... :(

The Big Pit's in Blaenavon...And should be open for Breakfast's..

Aswell as being a FREE 'Deep' coal mine,there's acres of carpark..

I for one wouldn't mine another trip down the mine before we set off??

Hay-on-Wye..Book capitol of the world!..Beautiful place,again with a couple of large carparks...

Llanthony Priory...Mostly ruined Abbey right at the base of the Black Mountains..With a Underground bar/restaurant....One of the most beautfull spots in the whole of Wales... :thumbsup:

Over Hay Bluff...The road used at the start of The Antiques Roadshow[you know 2CV with Granfather clock sticking out of the roof]...Stop at top and have an Ice cream..Admire the AMAZING views and get a few pictures off..

Then back to Abergavenny..Along the A465 passing through some small villages on the way to Hereford...

PHEWWWW. THIS IS A REALLY SCENIC RUN SO BRING YOUR CAMERAS... :group-cuddles:

COULD EVEN SORT OUT SATURDAY NIGHT CAMPING/BBQ FOR ANYONE WANTING TO COME UP..EVEN A PINT OR TWO :yes:

No apologies for taking over I'm never online anymore which is why I didn't post any further info...

Jun 26th sounds cool as it's half way between JapShow and Santa Pod, I better get the instructions out and post them up for people...

If your meeting at Big Pit can there be a stop off at Cardiff Gate services for those living closer to that location :D

Cardiff gate services??? :eek: Why not ,don't know where that is but what the hell...

1..NellBoy+1 :thumbsup:

Cardiff gate services??? :eek: Why not ,don't know where that is but what the hell...

1..NellBoy+1 :thumbsup:

Cardiff gate services??? Why not ,don't know where that is but what the hell...

1..NellBoy+1

2..baz..aka mad welshman (should be back in time, fingers crossed)

Could those meeting at Cardiff Gate services drive up to The Big Pit from there by 10:00 Please :thumbsup:

1...NellBoy +2[T/O/C..GT4OC..Celica-Club..]

2...Baz [aka The Mad Welshman]

3...LeeBoy[GT4OC]

4...Mongrel[GT4OC]

5...Andy7reg[GT4OC]

6...Rhaines[T/O/C]

7...GTone[GT4OC]+1

8...Karen[GT4OC]

9..Treacle[GT4OC]

Could those meeting at Cardiff Gate services drive up to The Big Pit from there by 10:00 Please :thumbsup:

1...NellBoy +2[T/O/C..GT4OC..Celica-Club..]

2...Baz [aka The Mad Welshman]

3...LeeBoy[GT4OC]

4...Mongrel[GT4OC]

5...Andy7reg[GT4OC]

7...RHaines[TOC]

LOL Where's Big Pit, I thought that was heading towards Newport from Cardiff ????

Cardiff Gate at J32, the rnu starts properly by turning off the M4 at J40 which is about 45mnis from Cardiff Gate....

It's a great run but expect a good few hours driving :D

so whats the plan? think im staying in cardiff or breacon this weekend.

Not sure, hoping can still meet at J32 Services at a certain tmie before heading up no the run and finding a pub somewhere along the way for lunch and a break from driving...

whats the plan????????????????????

i need a time and a place.................

whats the plan????????????????????

i need a time and a place.................

26TH JUNE Baz,,,Big Pit Baz,,,You remember now don't you :yes:

There's a few guy's from the GT4OC who're camping on Sat' night out the back of my place :thumbsup: There's room for anyone else who'd like to come..No fire's and not to much noise is all i ask... :group-cuddles:

Can now confirm PS2 [GT4] night on Sat at our local + campings been ok'd by local village council[still no fires and noise levels kept @ bugger all],and i can lay my hands on bbq's of various sizes :group-cuddles:

So come on guy's the weathers going to bo GEORGEUS..OH YEAH :yes:

looks like a mate of mine is coming up aswell. he's a gt4 owner

Good one Baz :thumbsup:

Lets hope we can trap a few more before the weekend :group-cuddles:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Forums

News

Membership