Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alarm 500 System Ii On Corolla

Derekt7777

:help: Can anyone out there help with a remote locking and alarm problem ?

My Battery went flat, and when it was jump started from another car, the central locking and alarm won't work any more.

Is there a simple fix, or do I have to take to a Toyota garage to have it reset / looked at ?

All advice gratefully received. :thumbsup:

Thanks

Derek

Hi thanks for the quick reply. :thumbsup:

Is the fuse for the central locking / alarm system located in the normal fuse box, and does it all run from the one fuse ?

As you may have guessed, I'm the sort of person that has trouble finding out how to open the bonnet !!

Thanks

Derek

:unsure:

not sure as i don't have a corolla, on a starlet its underneath the steering wheel - so i would have a peak there first. the high amp fuses are found in the bonnet usually.

if your central locking is working off the key but not the fob, its likely that you need to resync your alarm fob. On most alarms this is done by pressing both buttons down for about 10secs whilst standing next to your car.

let us know how you get on :thumbsup:

Thanks, really appreciate your help with this.

I'll be off out to have a tinker around, and be sure to let you know what happens.

Speak later.

Derek

Hi Nrgizerbunny,

Well tried the electronic remote key resynch and nothing happened, and all the fuses checked out okay.

Looks like it's a case of R.I.P or be RIPped off by the Toyota dealership to look at it.

Thanks a lot for trying to help.

Derek

:crybaby:

derek, there are a few other things you can try that don't cost you anything so might be worth a try

I would be extremely surprised, actually astonished if a jump start frazzled the alarm and central lock.

to establish its not your fob. find an AM radio, tune in to radio 5 and take your key fob and press the button right next to it. you should be able to hear interference/pulses when you press the buttons. If you can't, change the Battery.

what happens when you pull the drivers door pin up and down do the other doors open, or is it a case of no central locking at all?

Do you have access to a multimeter by any chance and are you feeling brave? :D

you could try asking on the corolla specific forum as well, you will probably get better answers

try this and see if anything happens.

1. pull all of the door pins up, then go to your drivers door and push it down - does anything happen?

2. pull all of your door pins down then go to your drivers door and pull it up - does anything happen?

I am just trying to establish if your central locking is screwed or if its the alarm system thats screwed, its highly unlikely to be both if the rest of the car functions are working okay.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links