Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gt4 Vs Renault Spider

tengudemon

just thought i'd throw this one out there, was having a debate with an idiot about which was faster between the celica gt4 st205 and the renault spider and i thought i would let you lot have a say so all viewpoints, pee-takes and thoughts are welcome.

the spider does 0-60 in 7.5 seconds and a poor top speed of 134 mph

the st205 does 0-60 in 6.1 ish seconds and a top speed of 150 ish mph.

consider the renaults weight advantage over the gt4 , a stripped out four would kill it even more so for sure.

• 9 months later...

the spider does 0-60 in 7.5 seconds and a poor top speed of 134 mph

the st205 does 0-60 in 6.1 ish seconds and a top speed of 150 ish mph.

consider the renaults weight advantage over the gt4 , a stripped out four would kill it even more so for sure.

sorry for pulling up this thread again but i dont give any notice af the figures i like to try them head to head ! I had a daewoo cielo with a vauxhall 2l 16v (now off the road only for uphill racing) and at the drag strip the only thing that help the gt4 to beat me is the 4wheel drive at the take off ,as from then on its an equal run to the end! on the road i can keep up better with the Gt4 except for very hard corners where the Gt4 has far better handling (and this was proved racing a GT4 locally)! If the Gt4 didt have 4wheel drive i would beat it as i did with a sierra cosworth X2 ,and my astra engine is standard at 156bhp coupled with a daewoo g/box runs 1/4mile @ 14.4secs and 0-60ft in 1.9sec ! i can also beat the Honda integra type R (190bhp) thats suppose to do 0-60 in 6.2secs ! The astra engine has only 7.2 sec 0-60 rating but thats what the manufactutrer say!

So you have to try the spider head to head with the GT4 but i doubt its powerfull enough to beat the GT4!

It`s a funny thing. People will (and do) say ' I could have beaten the GT4 if it had been two wheel drive'. :rolleyes:

Thats just the point of the GT4... Its 4WD!!!!! It`s not the most powerful 2 litre car in the world. It`s not the lightest car in the world. But it (Gen6 ST205) was probably one of the best developed, nicest handling 2litre 4WD cars in the world during it`s production. Obviously the GT4 has been out of production for some time now, And Subaru/Mitsubishi have continued developing their offerings, albeit with larger engines and electronic everything. But for their age and specification the GT4 still cuts the mustard. :yes:

And as for comparing the Renault against a 15 year old design... :lol:

It`s a funny thing. People will (and do) say ' I could have beaten the GT4 if it had been two wheel drive'. :rolleyes:

Thats just the point of the GT4... Its 4WD!!!!! It`s not the most powerful 2 litre car in the world. It`s not the lightest car in the world. But it (Gen6 ST205) was probably one of the best developed, nicest handling 2litre 4WD cars in the world during it`s production. Obviously the GT4 has been out of production for some time now, And Subaru/Mitsubishi have continued developing their offerings, albeit with larger engines and electronic everything. But for their age and specification the GT4 still cuts the mustard. :yes:

Well said :yes: :D :thumbsup:

"i couldve beaten it if i was first across the line" :laughing:

Yes it was a well developed car and i like the design too for its age ,but saying that it wasnt the most powerfull ?? it had 245bhp ! the cosworth only had 227bhp at that stage and dont know where the impresa was but was not far than that 15 years ago ! so i think it was one of the most powerful 2 ltr car of its time! and age is nothing ,my astra engine is 15 years old too still could beat most modern cars even with more bhp!

• 1 month later...

my starlet GT would wave bye bye to a renault spider!! hahahahaha!!!

yes but with the engine struggling to keep the head in place as the boost is trying to pull it appart :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links