Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lost Keys

pieshop

HELP!!!

I've recently had a vehicle stolen and as much as that is a pain the other part to it is that in it was my only key for my Previa. I've been told by a friend that they lost they're keys and that after giving them the chassis number etc they were able to provide them with a replacement key even though it wasn't a modern key with a chip in it just a plain and simple get them cut anywhere KEY.

Having rung my local dealer they told me that a new lock system would be needed and that a spare key isn't available :crybaby:

I'm sure that this problem has been faced before and that someone can help me. Is this the situation or can a key be obtained using the chassis number etc??

Your help would be greatfull

Darren

how old is the previa and where did you buy it from?

they may have the details of the car on their database, but if they havent, they cant look things up. To give you an example, using nissan, they could look up a 4 or 6 digit code using the VIN number, then using a reference book, find the code to cut a key with. I assume Toyota can provide a similar service, just depends if you hit someone helpful.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links