Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Throttlebody Porting

riko666

anyone know where I can get it done and how much it'd cost roughly?

and on that note, anyone got a spare throttlebody :P

Got a spare throttle body if you need one. Never tried boring one out before. Presumably you'd need a larger butterfly to provide adequate sealing, otherwise the throttle would never be fully closed

hmm, thats a point i suppose. well, theres a compay that used to bore paseo throttle bodies specifically and as far as i know, they produced 3 before halting production due to " lack of demand ". i know somone that has the tb so ill ask him what they did with the butterfly before getting it off of you. is there any other way of getting a bigger throttle butterfly?

just giving the whole thing a dam good clean inside should improve it i would have thought!

yeah that too. meh, i got told that a machine shop could increase the throttle butterfly size as well now after boring it out....so anyone know a machine shop that will?

if the throttle body assembly is the same as a starlet the part with the butterfly in can be removed seperately from the manifold. then surely its a simple case of buying a larger one to fit that inlet?

just a thought!?!?!?!

thats the problem, where do i get bigger throttle butterflies? i mean, id probably just get an extra throttle body (probably from andrew) then get that ported and swap it out for the normal one.

i would think that the startlet and paseo throttlebodies are the same

arnt the fhe throttle bodies bigger? my fhe one looks bigger than my starlet one :blink:

Rich.

are they? andrew, can you confirm?

if the bore is that much bigger on a fhe throttlebody itll probably be just worth getting that then eh? hmm

just buy a bigger throttle body from another car. it will be alot easier and simpler to do.

are you gunna turbo the paseo?

yeah....but not for a while yet, thinking of importing a cynos beta so i get the 5efhe, then get the td04 kit for it...or maybe go ball bearing, but yeah, i will.

well i mean if the 5efhe tb is bigger i could just use that as itd probably fit straight on, but i mean what other bigger tb's will fit?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links