Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Road Angel

Youngy

It was a problem I had with the plug connector, after about three months it started getting harder to disconnect when you store it away from any thieving scrote that might fancy it if your daft enough to leave it in view.

Road Angel sent me a new hard wire connector and that lasted another few months, then it packed up all together.

When I got in touch with them again they told me to send it back with the cable, they fitted a new power module and sent it back with a new cable, seems ok so far. :thumbsup:

you will find if you do have a problem their back up service is excellent. :thumbsup:

who wants a group buy on these?

ive got a guy offering big discount he runs A1 motor store local to me,

but as Les mentions any faults you deal with road angel themselves

im sure he said about 250 if theres 5 people interested less if theres 10 plus

hmm whast about buyng a TomTom instead.. has camera locations and the biggest bonus is that it a sat nav

Umm - group buy on ToTom or Navman ICN500 would be very interesting (esp if on LOC too) ... :D

It was a problem I had with the plug connector, after about three months it started getting harder to disconnect when you store it away from any thieving !Removed! that might fancy it if your daft enough to leave it in view.

Les, a can of expanding foam, a plastic bag, and a bit of leather and glue will see you with the perfect anti-!Removed! mount for your roadster. Just throw the lid down when you get to your destination.

gsbroadangelinstall.jpg

yup had one a while now - trying to figure out how to connect it to my laptop via serial (for sat nav) at the mo.

J

So how do you go about updating it via your pc then, does it need doing straight away after purchase? Registered it online yesterday - but it keeps saying "Please update". Does it want a pc update then yeh asap to stop that message? :thumbsup:

So how do you go about updating it via your pc then, does it need doing straight away after purchase? Registered it online yesterday - but it keeps saying "Please update". Does it want a pc update then yeh asap to stop that message? :thumbsup:

I had that problem with mine on the initial set up, just give them a ring or go on line and they will sort it out. :thumbsup:

It was a problem I had with the plug connector, after about three months it started getting harder to disconnect when you store it away from any thieving scrote that might fancy it if your daft enough to leave it in view.

Les, a can of expanding foam, a plastic bag, and a bit of leather and glue will see you with the perfect anti-scrote mount for your roadster. Just throw the lid down when you get to your destination.

gsbroadangelinstall.jpg

Haven't got a remote lead yet, otherwise I would :thumbsup:

A mate of mine got done by a mobile camera unit two weeks ago. He had one of these in his car.

They're great for fixed cameras, but don't do anything for mobile units. Police are now aiming their lasers etc... at your numberplate rather than the windscreen and in some cases are using different frequencies that the detectors can't detect.

Also if you have a heated front screen or special heat reflective glass (That BMW's now have) they won't work without remote sensors.

I'm sorry but I don't think they're worth the £400 odd quid they go for.

Darren borrowed his from work a few times, it was pretty good. :)

In the end he opted for a tomtom, as we started going to meets in places we didnt know so it was pretty good to have it. :thumbsup:

They are very amusing ... says 'Road angel' everytime you switch it on ... or has it been updated again?

I like the earlier version as its slightly less annoying! :lol:

but the new ones tiff neddell as ryan keeps reminding me Tegan, he loves his!

but the new ones tiff neddell as ryan keeps reminding me Tegan, he loves his!

yes i know 'Road angel' quite annoying ... i have slightly less affectionf or tiff needell than ryan does :lol:

i'm up for a group buy... come on, 7 more people to go!!!

knightrider

clarky

raywong

ill remind you all ill get the actual price when weve got set numbers for these as ill stil get good discount on 4 but obviously better on 10,

deadline is 2 weeks from today

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links