Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Have Bmw Lost The Plot?

Twincam.GTi

In my local motoring paper last night it stated BMW 'proudly' announced that of all the new shape 5 Series BMW's they have made ... 400 have been fitted with ... BULLET PROOF GLASS :o , 44 of which have been sold in Great Britain!

What sort of sad 'fantasist' orders that sort of extra on a car :blink:

...or is it just the sort of 'Drug dealing/gun running scum' that BMW now market their cars at! :lol:

Personnally for all the years I have been driving, never ever have I felt the requirement for bullet proof glass, then again shootouts / gun battles don't seem that evident in Shropshire. :P

P.S. If it's a modern BMW one does presume that the Bullet proof glass will be 'Blacked out' as well :lol:

Possibly it is just being bought by people that can afford the extra cost and do not want the annoyance and inconvenience of those :censor: who find it funny tosmash their windows

BMW = Break My Windows :huh:

Possibly it is just being bought by people that can afford the extra cost and do not want the annoyance and inconvenience of those :censor: who find it funny tosmash their windows

BMW = Break My Windows  :huh:

Plus if your a "celebrity" like PJ from Big Brother or Rebecca Loos, you'll want that extra protection a bullet proof car would offer.....

Look, its a Z list celeb...... Ready..... aim....... FIRE FIRE FIRE! :lol::lol::lol:

BMW = Break My Windows  :huh:

Plus if your a "celebrity" like PJ from Big Brother or Rebecca Loos, you'll want that extra protection a bullet proof car would offer.....

Look, its a Z list celeb...... Ready..... aim....... FIRE FIRE FIRE! :lol::lol::lol:

Oooh wouldn't you just love to do that?! :lol:

If the glass is bullet proof, does that mean it's also stone chip proof? That would certainly be an advantage.

I bet most of them are bought in Northern Ireland too!

It will be for important people (obviously :D ), but in northern ireland all cop cars (unmarked and marked), politicians, military people, and normal people who are 'at risk' have cars that are completely bullet proof. :eek:

ive been shot at twice :(

Surely more than twice ...................................on these forums ;)

ive been shot at twice :(

Perhaps you should change your sig tag to "The 50 Cent of TOC" :thumbsup:

:D

Tim westwood more like LOL....

j/k

Should try living in Mansfield then you might see the need for one! :lol:

Its like the Ghetto round here! :ph34r::lol:

I do remember watching a programme about how they bullet-proof a car in mexico .... they get lots of car-jackings over there, it was fascinating! i think the car ended up weighing over a couple of tonnes by the time they were done with all the armour plating etc .. and the windows actually were blacked out aswell.. makes sense really

They also did trainings on how to evade a road block... if someone tried to block your way .... they got to bash cars together all day! Legend :D

I can see the attraction... Gun crime is on the increase, as is road rage... No BMW should be without them!!!!

On the other hand I can see people buying it purely for talking about at the pub!

I'm not sure about bullet proof, but my old mans car has thick double glazed glass!!! Someone saw someone try to throw a brick through the window to get his phone and it bounced off!!! :o

I think it was done more for sound proofing, the thing is silent!

Lol...

I can imagine one geezer talking with his mates in the pub.

"Yer, I got one of them bullet proof beemers."

"Can we test it out?"

"Sure!"

Next thing.....

BOOOOOMMMM!!!!!

Of course, only the glas is bullet proof - not the tank or anything....

Lol :D

Tegan Posted Today, 12:32 PM

I do remember watching a programme about how they bullet-proof a car in mexico .... they get lots of car-jackings over there, it was fascinating! i think the car ended up weighing over a couple of tonnes by the time they were done with all the armour plating etc .. and the windows actually were blacked out aswell.. makes sense really 

Mexico :blink: ... didn't realise battered VW Beetles were in such demand :rolleyes:

Karma Supra Posted Today, 12:38 PM

I can see the attraction... Gun crime is on the increase, as is road rage... No BMW should be without them!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::thumbsup:

Karma Supra Posted Today, 12:38 PM

On the other hand I can see people buying it purely for talking about at the pub!

:yes: good point :yes:

Gnome Posted Today, 12:41 PM

Lol...

I can imagine one geezer talking with his mates in the pub.

"Yer, I got one of them bullet proof beemers."

"Can we test it out?"

"Sure!"

Next thing.....

BOOOOOMMMM!!!!!

Of course, only the glas is bullet proof - not the tank or anything....

Class post :thumbsup:

Maybe if BMW drivers were a bit less arrogant and a bit more courteous, and used their Indicators every now and then, People wouldn't be so tempted to shoot them.

Costs nothing to be nice !

Maybe if BMW drivers were a bit less arrogant and a bit more courteous, and used their Indicators every now and then, People wouldn't be so tempted to shoot them.

Costs nothing not to stereotype EVERY driver of a particular car too.

I'm sure not every BMW driver is a *****, and there are plenty of retards driving Yaris' and other Toyotas.

Let's be realistic.

It will be for important people (obviously  :D ), but in northern ireland all cop cars (unmarked and marked), politicians, military people, and normal people who are 'at risk' have cars that are completely bullet proof.  :eek:

Are you sure about that? :huh:

No, BMW drivers really DO fit their stereotype.

I'm not a racist peron, but about 80% of BMW drivers round here are Asian, and they are really not courteous at all.....

Being a biker as well tho, I detest BMW drivers. Lol.....

Some of them aren't so bad... :(

Alan

(Son of BMW driver...)

PS Many of those 5-series were probably sold in places like Columbia, former Soviet republics and the middle East

And to footballers :rolleyes:

Costs nothing not to stereotype EVERY driver of a particular car too.

I'm sure not every BMW driver is a *****, and there are plenty of retards driving Yaris' and other Toyotas.

Let's be realistic.

;) :thumbsup:

bmw_driver.jpg

LOL

That's probably a photoshop anyway.

But you won't find me defending BMW SUV's anyway. Most pointless vehicle ever.

They also did trainings on how to evade a road block... if someone tried to block your way ....  they got to bash cars together all day!  Legend  :D

I've got to book myself in for some of that!!!

Some of them aren't so bad... :(

Alan

(Son of BMW driver...)

I agree

Kev

(also son of BMW driver...)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links