Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Jangly Noise?

Oxet

I know it's my first day here, and it is pretty obvious that I just joined coz I had a question....... but things seem OK. I was a bit worried about entering a neo-geek arena full of spotty teenage boys driving their mum's Celica.

Luckily it doesn't look like that!

Anyway- I'll get to the point: strange noise that seems to come from the passenger side, under the car. Before you ask my keys ARE in the ignition, not still hanging out the door!

Car (Corolla) is running smoothly, no problems.

Sounds JUST like a keyring though....

Any ideas?

Welcome :thumbsup:

Strange rattling...hmm...

inner front plastic wheel arch lose?

Front mud flap lose

Front exhaust hanger lose

... a bit worried about entering a neo-geek arena full of spotty teenage boys driving their mum's Celica.

:lol::lol::lol:

Yes I hear some Forums can be very ... err... colourful :rolleyes:

You will find this club does not like Chav/wally etc. Motoring.

Infact a moderator/management did warn (and quite rightly so) that if any one posts a picture or link to them doing silly driving on the public highway they will be banned from the forum. :yes:

Yes, there are a lot of modified cars on this forum but you will find everybody on this forum is also very interested in looking after what they have.

I not saying we can "always fix the faults" but people will always try to help.

Have a very time and feel free to 'chip in'

wow! That was quick!!!

Thanks for the response.

It's a very very metallic noise, sounds liek a keyring jangling, but with only one key...

Maybe I should upload a wav. file of the sound?

wow! That was quick!!!

Thanks for the response.

It's a very very metallic noise, sounds liek a keyring jangling, but with only one key...

Maybe I should upload a wav. file of the sound?

Might be better to get under it and have a look round with a big torch. :D The last time anything rattled under my car it was the front exhaust section. It fell off on the M1 at 70mph. Now That wasn't funny.

Sounds like the exhaust to me. I had that noise in my old car and it drove me crazy where it was coming from. I'd check where the exhaust runs from the engine manifold to the backbox..does it run on the passengers side?

More than likely to be a heat-shield on the exhaust or manifold. But also check the brakes. There is a dust-plate behind the disc if it's old or coroded parts can easily vibrate against the disc. Or if a hose has worked loose it could vibrate against the dust cover.

My g/f's MR2 had a very faint "jangling key sound" coming from the nearside front. We never found out what it was.

Thanks everyone. Will get my big torch.

Will check exhaust thingy, and brake thingy.

Will tell you if I find out what it is!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links