Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Head Unit Change '95 (92-97) Help

Shamm

Im gettin ready to put together an ice system for the 'rolla - just want to know how to take the original head unit out (kinda stumbling at the first hurdle here!!). All other headunits iv done had wee holes to prise the unit out from, but i cant see any on this tape deck. Any one got any ideas? Is there a thread i can be directed to? Cheers for any help. :)

Im gettin ready to put together an ice system for the 'rolla - just want to know how to take the original head unit out (kinda stumbling at the first hurdle here!!).  All other headunits iv done had wee holes to prise the unit out from, but i cant see any on this tape deck.  Any one got any ideas? Is there a thread i can be directed to?  Cheers for any help. :)

Unsure of what the original headunit looks like, can you post a pic? Is there a link on the web that shows it? Each brand has it's own way of removing the headunit.

For the panel you mount it to, remove the heating knobs and the two screws under the knobs or above the key/change/cd pocket opening, then you should be able to unclip the top bit of the dash panel. No excessive force, mind you, just enough to tug it free.

If you like I can take foto's of the dash panel. But that may be a bit overkill. Shout if you need further info.

Obs

:)

As with 90% of jap cars you will need to remove the centre console facia. Locate the screws and unclip the plastic facia surrounding the stereo. Usually start by removing the gear gator or ashtray and then work upwards and outwards (towards you). Not seeing the centre console of your car, I can't tell you exactly. I fit stereos for Halfords so am pretty sure I've done your model before. If you can get a pic up on the forum, I'll get a clear idea.

You will also need an ISO adaptor if it's the original stereo you are removing. These are available from Halfords too.

It's pretty straight forward on this car. Pull off the heater/ventilation control buttons (they should clip straight off). Then pull the dash section surrounding the stereo and ventilation controls away. It is just clipped in and you don't need to un-do any screws. Easiest way to do this is grip the centre vents on the dash and pull!

After unclipping the 3 multiplugs which serve the clock, hazard light button and rear demister, you should have a clear view of the stereo. There are four screws holding this in which are pretty accessible. Then it's just a case of pulling out the multiplugs at the back of this and removing it.

Any probs, let me know.

yopu have to remove the whole center console and screw the new one in with the brackets from the original one and 8mm ratchet is best i think.

to remove the console there are tewo screws on the join of the two sections just above the cd/!Removed! holder above the ashtray they are there and then just ease it out and disconnect the clock ac unit etc...

job done any other questions pm me.

JON>>

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links