Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Door Wind Deflectors

BelgarumVenta

Hello again, and thanks for the welcome in my previous post.

Has anyone fitted door window wind deflectors - specifically of the Formula 4x4 "stick-on" kind? They seem a reasonable price at under £30 for a front pair.

Do they work?

Do they stick?

Do they look okay (Agenta/Silver model)?

I am finding the buffeting from the wind a bit tedious at anything over a gentle amble, and it's rather annoying when the rain pours in with the wipers going!

Thanks,

Hi,

Yes i've fitted the ones from 4x4. They've been on for about 3 moths now and have no sign of coming off.

I would say they work well, but don't expect perfection.

hope this helps.

Hi,

Yes i've fitted the ones from 4x4. They've been on for about 3 moths now and have no sign of coming off.

I would say they work well, but don't expect perfection.

hope this helps.

Thanks Pete :thumbsup: will order them now and report back my experiences in due course

I have some already fitted to mine. Although I only had it the other day, they do seem to make a difference. It's easier to drive with the window open i've found. Although, most of the time I use aircon!

:thumbsup:

how do they fit? are they sticky pads or trap into the glass etc?

i'm driving down M6 past the turnoff for Formula 4x4 so could well be tempted to go in and hit the credit card :o)

http://www.spips.co.uk/rav4

I've got a set on mine, but i got them from Hong Kong! :(

My ones were stuck on and they seem stable as I've had it for more than a year now!!

BelgarumVenta: Have a look at my garage as I've got the Argenta colour Rav with the wind deflectors :thumbsup:

Kenny

They are simple stick ons................

But top tip use the cleaning pads they supply with them.

They are simple stick ons................

But top tip use the cleaning pads they supply with them.

Cheers Pete, looks like the c/card is going to get a bashing on wednesday then! :(

I've got a set on mine, but i got them from Hong Kong!  :(

My ones were stuck on and they seem stable as I've had it for more than a year now!!

BelgarumVenta: Have a look at my garage as I've got the Argenta colour Rav with the wind deflectors  :thumbsup:

Kenny

Yeah - they look okay. Thanks.

I had both front and rear stick-on deflectors on a Volvo (8xx) estate a few years back - They were certainly much better than the previous Volvo (7xx) without them. But as they were already on the car when I got it, I had neither the experience of fitting them, nor knowing whether they improved things.

Should have them delivered and fitted by the weekend. Will let peeps know how I get on.

One thing I should add.

Over the last few days, i've noticed they add to the wind noise a little with the windows closed. In fact, it annoyed me so i've removed them.

As a plus point though, the sticky tape that holds them on is very good. They were a bugger to remove! I even snapped one!

• 3 weeks later...

Should have them delivered and fitted by the weekend.  Will let peeps know how I get on.

Well, they've been on for a couple of weeks now and I'm impressed - Less wind and roar with the window slightly open, and best of all prevents the rain from coming in!!

Well recommended :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links