Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dent In Bumper Question

Lucie

ive got a small dent in the back bumper.its in the lower part which is seperate and joins onto the main bumper. its right in the middle and was caused by my stupid neighbours telling me to "keep coming" until i ended up going into the corner of a stack of bricks. its only a little dent, over a small surface and the bulge it has caused from being pressed in is actually more obvious than the dent. if u look at it head on from a few mtrs away u cant really see it. but it really bugs me and ive been thinking about having it sorted. it might be difficult for u guys to give advice as i dont have a picture of it but im wondering if anyone has a clue as to what it would cost to fix. its so small and in a awrkward position right at the bottom of the bumper that u wouldnt beable to knock it out. so i guess it would need a new lower half of the bumper which isnt that big anyway. anyone have any ideas on what the cost might be. and should i stay away from going to the dealership as they are always so expensive.i guess any decent repair center would beable to sort it out? thanks.

I had a similar bump on my last Yaris after reversing into a lamp-post (I always say it came out of nowhere! lol) - how gutted was I - I'd only had the car 2 weeks! :rolleyes:

I never actually got it fixed because although it was noticeable, it wasnt high on the bumper so I left it and then the car got written off anyway.

000_0156.jpg

Looks nastier than it actually did in real life - is yours similar? Mine had no actual paint damage, just a dent and I asked my brother if it could be knocked out and he said no because it might cause paint damage and weaken the bumper.

I was told it may be about £150-200 to get it replaced, I cant remember if that included spraying and fitting though - so perhaps around that mark?

Perhaps you should get your neighbour to fork out - it was their fault after all! :rolleyes:

yeah its pretty similar to that although the dent isnt as big interms of length its more like a stab mark if that makes sense and the bulge isnt as pronounced. theres no paint damage at all just this mark that has been caused by the corner of the bricks that were stacked up. ive seen a few yaris's with the same marks. i kinda look out for them so i dont feel so bad lol. its just really annoying. i thought it might cost around that. thanks for your help

The metal is so thin and flimsy. I can bend it with my hand if I apply enough pressure to it. So pushing it out is out of the question in my opinion. I really can't count how many Vitz/Yarii here have a dent/something on the lower part of their bumpers. None are quite as messy as mine though :rolleyes: Should be sorted in next few days though! :thumbsup:

It 's unlikely to push out. As Ross says, that part is very thin metal. The compund curves would make it very difficult to get it straight again. You could take it to your local bodyshop for a quote but they'll probably say replace it. Also ask your Toyota dealers. They don't charge you for asking... yet!

It's the rear valance by the way. :thumbsup:

Nah definately thin metal earpl. Goin to get a used one tomorrow from scrappy to replace my one which is totally f :censor: d

Oh yes, it metal all right. Well, more like baco foil! :lol: It's also quite sharp when bent. It is cosmetic though. The plastic bumper above it does all the work if needed.

Nah definately thin metal earpl. Goin to get a used one tomorrow from scrappy to replace my one which is totally f :censor: d

I thought about doing that on my gold yaris. I've tried to get the metal part off but it was well and truly stuck. It just started to bend so i screwed it up again.

Are you going to take it off yourself? And if so how easy did you find it.....

The rear valance is priced differently depending on where your Yaris was made. The Japanese one is cheaper than the French one for some reason.

I know this because I reversed into a pillar at work about two weeks ago. I have replaced mine with a new one. The valance cost me £45 from Mr T and then got it sprayed by a local bodyshop for £45 and fit it myself and all OK now.

I wouldn't try getting the dent out as the paint may crack because the bumper is very flimsy.

Hope this helps.

Yarisldc

The rear valance is priced differently depending on where your Yaris was made.  The Japanese one is cheaper than the French one for some reason. 

I know this because I reversed into a pillar at work about two weeks ago.  I have replaced mine with a new one.  The valance cost me £45 from Mr T and then got it sprayed by a local bodyshop for £45 and fit it myself and all OK now.

I wouldn't try getting the dent out as the paint may crack because the bumper is very flimsy.

Hope this helps.

Yarisldc

£90 for a bit of metal is made. Thats why mines has been left! Did yours come off easily? Maybe theres a certain way to get them off i dont know about????

Think there is a rear valance floating about on eBay at the moment, might be worth checking out and if its not in your colour, spraying won't be much off a problem! :thumbsup:

Ferrariboyuk, it's pretty simple to get off, you need to jack the back of the car up and undo a few bolts. However, I have been told that depending on where your Yaris was made it is a different fitting, that's why the pricing is different for a Jap part or a French part and you would need to make sure you get the correct one.

Yarisldc

I thought about doing that on my gold yaris. I've tried to get the metal part off but it was well and truly stuck. It just started to bend so i screwed it up again.

Are you going to take it off yourself? And if so how easy did you find it.....

Right well basically there's two halves of a Vitz at one of the places that import used Japanese car parts to Cyprus. Front half and rear half (not allowed to import cars as a whole that are going to be used for spares) Anyway, i'm gonna get the guy that owns the place to take it off, don't expect it to be more than 30 quid altigether

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links