Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Strange Noise's

kirst_ie

Can anyone point me in the right direction to what my problems could be?

Only had car 6 weeks and already have problems with it :(

There is a deep humming noise coming from my car as im driving along :angry: but stops when i put my clutch in.

Also there as whining noise when i apply a little pressure to the accelerater pedel, i reckon this is the water pump, but i don't really now where to start to look.

I think the drive belt could do with changing, any rough idea's hope much this will cost?

Thanks, Kirstie :thumbsup:

Can anyone point me in the right direction to what my problems could be?

Only had car 6 weeks and already have problems with it  :(

There is a deep humming noise coming from my car as im driving along  :angry:  but stops when i put my clutch in.

Also there as whining noise when i apply a little pressure to the accelerater pedel, i reckon this is the water pump, but i don't really now where to start to look.

I think the drive belt could do with changing, any rough idea's hope much this will cost?

Thanks, Kirstie  :thumbsup:

It`s almost impossible to accurately diagnose noise problems from descriptions. Your best bet is to nip into a friendly garage and get them to check it over. At least you shouldn`t get any false information. (Albeit with good intentions :D )

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yep got to agree, a nice garage would be best. They'll give you a price for the belt as well,

The humming could be a bearing which is on it's way out but it's only a guess. If you got it from a garage you may be able to get some bits done under warranty but I would still take it to an independant garage first to get it checked out :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links