Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

96 Auto Supra

PaulD76

Hello

Anyone got any suggestions?

My warning light comes on intermittently, usually for about 5 - 10 seconds, the car seems to drive fine, usually it occurs when im breaking quite hard and USUALLY (but not always) when only driving for a couple of mins. Occassionally it comes on when i accelerate quite hard from low speeds. The car is driving fine. All the gauges look ok.

Apart form that the car drives very nicely.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

PD76

Agree with Martin F , but there is a reason for the brake fluid for being low,so check your Brake Pads front and rear - any less than 4mm of pad lining left,change them.

:thumbsup:

Will do ASAP

Thanks for the advice.

Agree with Martin F , but there is a reason for the brake fluid for being low,so check your Brake Pads front and rear - any less than 4mm of pad lining left,change them.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

Still having the problem. Checked my Brake fluid level and it was fine, my OIL is ok too. My brake pads are only 5 months old and look to be fine.

When i brake severly the light comes on, along with the handbrake light.. (could it be as simple as a sensor prob?)..

Any advice would be good. planned to get it serviced in Aug.

Cheers ;)

Will do ASAP

Thanks for the advice.

Martin

Both my brake fluid and oild are roughly 1/2 way between min and max.

Ive also noticed that when i pull away hard the light comes on.

If i drive very senisibly and slowly the light will never come on, i drove 200 miles last week and the light didnt come on once. So it must be something when the engine is accelerating or braking hard..

Any thoughts would be really appreciated... I have a service in Aug so at worst i will wait and then ask then, just drive it carefully until then.

Cheers ;)

Top up the brake fluid all the way to the max line.

So you never read my post, particularly the bit about the max line ?

:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Martin

Sorry I read your mail, but just checked the oil and it seemed ok...

but good news, took your advice and topped it up and problem resolved!!!! Many thanks, dont like warning lights... its almost like they are trying to warn me off something bad!! lol

Cheers

back to my happy motoring..

Sorry for the slow reply, just got back from Geneva, very upset not to see any Supras, only a couple of mr2's. .. . . and an absolutely ton of Porchse!!!!! (Every other car it felt like)

PD

Top up the brake fluid all the way to the max line.

So you never read my post, particularly the bit about the max line ?

:rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links