Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tinted Windows

Rach

I have recentley bought a yaris T sport and its black, and i am thinking about tinting the windows! any comments from anyone would be nice coz its a black car and im not too sure yet, also where is the best place to get it done and how much does it cost around about?

we have a couple of window tinters in the gold section who offer discounts to toc gold members....

I've seen a black yaris with tint's and it looks stunning I'll post pics when Im next in the office

Ask jerry both his and his wifes cars been done (wifes is black), and mine will be done soon. (i hope :help: ) it does look good, im sure if u look theres a picture in the members gallery of it.

Dan

Hi rach

Good man just got a T Sport :thumbsup: I got my yaris tinted for free :D It was done by a company called bishopgates auto tints. I can get the phone number for you. Meanwhile here's pic. And welcome to the club mate.

jerry!!

post-40-1055202850.jpg

Hi rach

Heres one more for you. Just to get you tempted mate.

jerry!!

post-40-1055203118.jpg

Tints will look excellent but dont get your front windows done too dark. I got pulled over in Newcastle and a test was carried out on my front windows. A TINTMAN device was used to measure the amount of light coming thru. They were illegal and i was given a 60 quid fine and a 3 point penalty. I had medium tints all around but now the front 2 are clear. If you get them, go for the light smoke on the front windows or leave them clear and just have the back done.

Very nice alloys sorted avensis, SNAP! i have the same on my yaris, your car looking good!

There are new standards regarding window tints, your supplier should be able to inform you on what is legal and what aint. Check before you purchase, better to be safe than sorry!

He did do and they are fully legal jojo,i just had never heard of the tintman device.Sixty quid and three points for that OUCH!!! :ffs:

I was p***** off when he told me my punishment, i wanted to punch the t***. It was very harsh cos it was the first i had heard about these illegal tints and he would'nt even let me off when i said i would remove them straight away. Maybe he had a problem with boy racers, not that i am but my car is done up making me look like one.

It was the traffic police that pulled me over, a volvo T5.

Been pulled a few times jojo but always let off,the closest i came was when i had a brake light out off all things.He was going to to do me until i pulled an emergency bulb kit out and his mate told him to leave me be as i was obviously not a boy racer but someone who looks after their car.

Btw those t-5's aren't half quick once they get the scent of an arrest :ph34r:

Thanks for the pictures, your right it does look quite nice, i dont intend on having them too dark. how much does it cost around about? anyone know?

By the way im a female!

Hello Rach.

Your looking about £200 for a good job. Just make sure you get a good job though cause it will look s**t if not..

Extract taken from the Department of Transport Website:

LIGHT TRANSMISSION OF GLAZING - Summary of requirements

Motor vehicles first used between 1/6/1978 and 31/3/1985 must have windows which allow at least 70% of light to pass through. Motor vehicles first used on or after 1/4/1985 must have windscreens which allow at least 75% of light to pass through - all other windows must admit at least 70% of light.

These requirements do not apply to:

any part of the windscreen outside the ‘vision reference zone’ (as defined in C&U# Regulation 32(13));

windows through which the driver is unable, at any time, to see the road;

windows in ambulances which are behind the driver’s seat;

windows in buses, goods vehicles, locomotives or motor tractors which are behind the driver’s seat (except those which face the rear - as defined by C&U# Regulation 32(12) - or which form all or part of an exterior door); and

windows in cars which are fitted behind the driver’s seat and which bear an ‘e’ mark indicating type approval to the European glazing Directive 92/22/EC.

Tinted film

C&U# Regulation 32 does not specifically prohibit any window from having a tinted film applied, but a window with a tinted film which takes light transmittance levels below those specified above could be interpreted as contravening the Regulation.

If a vehicle's windows were excessively tinted by the use of stick-on film or a spray, there may be a contravention of C&U# Regulation 30. This requires that all glass or other materials fitted must be maintained in such a condition that it does not obscure the vision of the driver. Again, it does not specifically prohibit those windows from having a tinted film applied, but doing so could be interpreted as contravening the Regulation.

Department of Transport Window Glazing Page

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links