Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Mod Question Related To Apexi Ind. Kit

eternity575

Hey..

i was thinking.. right now, my apexi induction is sucking off the engine bay..really bad air.. i mean.. hot&dirty... sounds bad rofl

so i was wondering.. will it help if ill build a cold air intake to suck air from other places? less heat means more power doesnt it?

and another theoretical question to all you crazy people who actually know the answer to this:

if you will cool off the air coming into the engine.. lets say to 10 degress celsius.. will u get more power?

thnx! :rolleyes:

Hey..

i was thinking.. right now, my apexi induction is sucking off the engine bay..really bad air.. i mean.. hot&dirty... sounds bad rofl

so i was wondering.. will it help if ill build a cold air intake to suck air from other places? less heat means more power doesnt it?

and another theoretical question to all you crazy people who actually know the answer to this:

if you will cool off the air coming into the engine.. lets say to 10 degress celsius.. will u get more power?

thnx! :rolleyes:

a few have build "heat shields", allthough these still dont block out heat, you always going to get some heat even relcoated, best ot get an enclosed. Unfortunalty these arnt available to us yaris owners : ( .

I relocated mine, and noticed the difference slightly allthough fitting an air filter wont do much to peformance to begin with on our engines :(

i had heard people say esp on hot days like these an apexi in standard postion is effecting there peformance, which i agree with.

the more colder the air, the more oxygen and there fore more bang! :thumbsup:

Theres the BCM or Viper Pipercross which are closed, designed for the 1.0l but would easily use it on a tsport i reckon

Theres the BCM or Viper Pipercross which are closed, designed for the 1.0l but would easily use it on a tsport i reckon

yeah those are good kits and i was going to buy one, bmc is a lot cheaper than viper. Allthough im sure somtime tried it for a t sport and it wouldnt fit or something.

bmc about £160ish

its for a 1.0 matt, it fits a 1.0 and the filtration is for a 1.0........

ideally best option would be to relocate the filter so its facing the front of the engine bay behind the headlamp, thus optimising the air flow into the filter... for this ud need some new hose tho to go from filter to engine, crank filter and to either tilt or turn Battery so its no longer in the way

i plan on realocating mine as soon as possible, its getting hotter and hotter and car is just sucking in hot air!!

I have been thinking about a cold feed pipe from the front left foglight hole but will the extra tubing needed totally cancel out any effect that the cold air could have?

if i use the whole of the foglight hole as the intake and run it to 70mm dia pipe up to the filter on the 1l would it make any difference?

does anyone knows when to clean the apexi?

just compressed air would do nicely?

does anyone knows when to clean the apexi?

just compressed air would do nicely?

good question id like to know that

I have been thinking about a cold feed pipe from the front left foglight hole but will the extra tubing needed totally cancel out any effect that the cold air could have?

if i use the whole of the foglight hole as the intake and run it to 70mm dia pipe up to the filter on the 1l would it make any difference?

I have done this with my car. I will need to take a pic and post it to show you exactly how i've done it however, it may prove more difficult on a t-sport because of limited space. I reckon its made a slight difference, nothing significantly noticable. I bought a small section of kitchen ductiing pipe from B&Q so it was well worth it :thumbsup: . Will post pics soon.

I have done this with my car. I will need to take a pic and post it to show you exactly how i've done it however, it may prove more difficult on a t-sport because of limited space

I have a 1 litre GS but i have put the front on off a 1.3 t-spirit i think, it was 99p anyway and i've had to fill the teardrop lights mouldings as they are rare second hand gaddam em.

Am lookin at B+Q moding too apart fron using piping from a pond place as its black and flexible....just need the funnel to cover the foggy hole now

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links