Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mmmmm Sticky

ben_e71

Had the rear screen replaced on my 2001 Avensis hatch on Tuesday. They stuck a load of masking tape round seams to hold it in whilst it dried.

I was told I had to leave it on for 48 hours.

Took it off last night sticky as anything (especially after two days of 33 deg baking).

Now guess what (like this wasn't coming at you like a steam train downa track :D )

The tape left loads of sticky residue behind. Tried autoglm glass cleaner no joy. Tried meths no joy sticky all over glass, rubber and paint....

any clues toyota say really hot soapy water - well that didn't get it off my hands last night I had to use white spirit. :ffs:

Personally, I would be back to those who did the work and demand THEY sort it!

autoglym does a tar remover which i use to get tree sap off my car.

it needs a few applications but it does come off and tree sap is worse than superglue. try it if you have no luck

There is some craking stuff on the market just designed to remove tape glue etc. Its available from electronics shops, Radiospares, Maplin? CPC components its called label remover.

We use it all the time to remove the sticking tapes and plaster found on medicla equipment. It wont harm the paint work..

autoglym does a tar remover which i use to get tree sap off my car.

it needs a few applications but it does come off and tree sap is worse than superglue.  try it if you have no luck

thanks couldn't take it back as 60 mile round trip and I'd much rather it was me scrapping at my paintwork. So used the autoglym tar remover. Like wiping ice cream off your chin. Good tip fella.

Lol, glad you got it sorted anyway!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links