Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Shocks

Ricksta

You should definately uprate your shocks. But do all four. The standard shocks wont be able to cope with the increased stiffness and rebound of uprated/lowered springs. Bilstein are ok. A lot of Celica owners seem to go for KYB. Clicky here to see what FENSPORT can do for your car. :thumbsup:

Whilst fitting my springs today, one of my rear shocks is knackered.

I have a Gen 6, 1.8ST.

Is it worth uprating my shocks seeing as i need to replace 2 now anyway, and if so, which make etc is a good one?

I have Eibach 30mm drop.

are these any good?

http://www.funkystyling.co.uk/parts/item_d...php?prodID=4261

Cheers

See europerformance or proven products, they do fully adjustable Koni lowering kit for under £400

I am going to purchse these as my shockers are knackered from having lowing springs with standard shockers. Fully adjustable shockers can't wait!

http://www.buypartsby.co.uk/index.php sell 4 KYB Exel-g shocks for £200 delivered , cheaper than fensport bit a wee bit, they also do the KYB AGX adjustable shocks for £350 delivered , the main difference between the agx and the konis is that the agx rear shocks are a straight swap where as the konis arent,due to them them being inserts you have to cut the top of the old rear struts remove the gubbins and drill a hole in the bottom of the strut

http://www.buypartsby.co.uk/kyb_agx_shock_absorbers.php

don't think u need to weld them anymore m8 , u just slip in the insert and bold it in from the bottom that's why u have to drill the hole in the bottom of the strut, for the kind of money for the konis i would want them to fit straight on without all that hassle

the KYB Exel-g's are good m8 , had them on mines for 2 years now and there still fine, took them of 6 months ago to swap from fensport spring to spax and the shocks where just as good as the day i bought them, pushed them all the way to the bottom and they all came up on there own nice and smooth :D , did that same test on the old shocks at 80k and all but 1 would stay at the bottom lol

http://www.buypartsby.co.uk/index.php sell 4 KYB Exel-g shocks for £200 delivered , cheaper than fensport bit a wee bit, they also do the KYB AGX adjustable shocks for £350 delivered , the main difference between the agx and the konis is that the agx rear shocks are a straight swap where as the konis arent,due to them them being inserts you have to cut the top of the old rear struts remove the gubbins and drill a hole in the bottom of the strut

http://www.buypartsby.co.uk/kyb_agx_shock_absorbers.php

Hay Kev,

Are you refering to a SS import model when you say they are hard to fit as my car is UK spec and does not have Super Strut? Don't want to spend all that cash and have shocks which need to bodged into place!!

Cheers

import superstrut models are very rare... i have a SS2 and its not superstrut.

KYB's are pretty easy to fit on yours. Ull need a socket set some WD40, large pipe wrench and a couple of hours.

i was just refering to the standard suspension as the first post was regarding an ST , mines is a UK car also if that helps

import superstrut models are very rare... i have a SS2 and its not superstrut.

KYB's are pretty easy to fit on yours. Ull need a socket set some WD40, large pipe wrench and a couple of hours.

Kev,

You are right mate (as if you didn't know!) I spoke to proven product and they said that even for the standard UK spec cars the Koni's have to be re-fitted into the old strut and then they need to bodged in to place in the rear! Glad I didn't go and buy the koni shocks now. Looks like I will be getting the KYB's too.

Whats your opinion of the improvments in handling & ride after the modification? I hear that the KYB's are not too different to Mr.T's.

glad i could help m8 :D

when i first upgraded the suspension i used fensport springs with the KYB Exel-g's that was a good setup but the springs where a little to hard for me so i changed to spax, after fitting the spax the ride was more refined and less hard plus the spax actually handle better that the fensports.

My m8 has got the exel g's with normal springs and its a little harder than stock due to the shocks , fensport say there 20% uprated which i do believe .

On another note , i found that adding the gt4 rear strut brace made more of an impact on the handling that new shocks and springs

Kev

IMO the KYB's will not make much difference over good condition MR T shocks however MR T's shocks dont seem to last much longer than 80K before they mess up so probably a wise move to change them anyway.

Im very interested in trying a GT4 rear strut brace providing funds permit which could be a while at the moment! :(

I got the koni suspension kit and it makes the car look great and ride is very good....front ones like to bottom out a bit tho...

I got the koni suspension kit and it makes the car look great and ride is very good....front ones like to bottom out a bit tho...

Thats handy then. :unsure: Try cutting down the bump stops. :thumbsup:

IMO the KYB's will not make much difference over good condition MR T shocks however MR T's shocks dont seem to last much longer than 80K before they mess up so probably a wise move to change them anyway.

Im very interested in trying a GT4 rear strut brace providing funds permit which could be a while at the moment! :(

strut brace is agood idea . iwas turning my wheels on uneven ground and could hear the reas endcreaking a little bis as its all stripped

Cheers guys

KYb from fensport was my out come.

Once they are fitted and my 18's are back on, hopefully she'll be looking better.

if you don't mind me asking how much were they delivered from fensport?? there £200 delivered from bypartsby.co.uk

I would if i knew how ;)

plus the tires go into the arch at the front, think thats the possible reason they bottom out :ph34r:

I would if i knew how ;)

plus the tires go into the arch at the front, think thats the possible reason they bottom out :ph34r:

More than likely. Can you get your hand up between the tyre and wheel arch when the car is on level ground? Just seems awful low if the wheels up under the arch. :unsure:

Cheers guys

Once they are fitted and my 18's are back on, hopefully she'll be looking better.

They were more than that, I think they were £285. some where around there.

and the trd rear top mounts were £123.13

just wanna ask u guys summit!

my car has a toyota racing suspension thing on it wid adjustable coilovers....can this be adjusted myself?

and wat does this mean....TR suspension?

thanks guyz

Cheers guys

They were more than that, I think they were £285. some where around there.

and the trd rear top mounts were £123.13

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links