Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

While My Sera Being Sorted

sera_beetle

My sera in various shops being sorted.. as you guys know :D

so i'm driving around in my beetle.. i took some pic's what do you think?

Image-868D6741EBF311D9.jpg

Image-868D3AE4EBF311D9.jpg

Image-868CE18BEBF311D9.jpg

I know this has nothing to do with seras but i'm so happy driving her about i thought i would share it with everybody :D :D

Tim :thumbsup:

So cool but the stereo looks miles out of place on that dash :D I take it the centre console is an add on?

I love beetles

Very nice.. I love old beetles!!!

Now for the important bit....

Whos is the very tidy looking silver Mkiii????? :lol::thumbsup:

thats in very good condition

one of my first jobs i was replacing engines on them and it really surprised me how easy and uncomplicated beetles are to work on.

Great cars

Thats a gorgeous car - I love the colour and the interior - its totally blingin'! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sometimes the oldies are just the best - especially when they're kept in such good nick!

Thanks For the nice comments guys.. i bought this car when i was 15 so i could rebuild it and understand how cars work :) it only took 4 years to do :)

The centre console and running boards are made by me.. they are a one off that the centre console was very tricky to do.. i know the stereo is out of place but it does disappear quite well. :)

@ stevetubbyturbo... yeah i couldn't believe how simple a VW flat four engine is.. you can almost rebuild the whole thing with a swiss army knife :lol:

@Tegan sorry i will never give this car up. it's my pride and joy.. i was offerd £6500 at a show last year. and i still said no :)

@Kama supra :lol: that’s my dad 3L turbo.. it's got a few things wrong with it... i'm trying to convince him that he should spend some money and get it back on the road (but he's being hard work :))

Thanks again for your nice comments about a German car :eek: :D

Btw... the tunes in my car is 60's music only :)

@Tegan sorry i will never give this car up. it's my pride and joy.. i was offerd £6500 at a show last year. and i still said no :)

Cant blame a girl for trying :D :P

Cant blame a girl for trying :D :P

:lol: not at all :D

WEll work harder on him!!! It looksa nice one, and thats fairly rare colour...

Whats wrong with it? I have spared galore and have pretty much fixed everything that can go wron ona mkiii... I'm guessing its a G reg???

My mum used to have a 60s drop top beetle.. black, black hood, white wall tyres and extra chrome.. it was pretty cool, but very unreliable :crybaby:

If I was into VW Beetles I'd love it but I'm not a fan of them I'm afraid, I've never seen a better 1 in my life though :thumbsup:

Superb car.. and yes, the best place to start when learning about engines.. easy to work on.

Can't you get a modern stereo in a more traditional style, like piano key buttons etc.. just one that looks old, but will play cd's/mp3's?

Edit: Something like this....

Copy_of_57-6.jpg or this ken_67-8-501.jpg

Linked to a cd autochanger.

Found it here after a quick google.. but there will probably be better ones around.

Nice :thumbsup:

I wish I had the money/driveway/garage for something older and "different" :(

A

That is absolutely gorgeous. Good work! :thumbsup: B)

Don't know if it's just me but there seems to be an American theme going on there and that's not a bad thing, the Americans love their Beetles. :yes:

Hi Tim

wow thats one fine car you have got there mate. Very well looked after :yes:

jerry!!

Nice :thumbsup:

I wish I had the money/driveway/garage for something older and "different" :(

A

lol

then I got myself the celica!!

Your Beetle is seriously minted. What a great looker

Its nice to see people with other totally different non jap cars!!!!!

There are some very nice dubs in Henley :D There is a really cool black one, subtle, dropped, oval rear screen etc etc :thumbsup:

I have a strong dislike for the "new" beetle <_<

aww thanks guys for the nice comments

Kamasupra.. i pushing my dad :) he's making a list of what the car needs :) and i totally agree about the new beetle... it a very lame water cooled front engine rubuish.. nice car but not a beetle :)

i'm gald that they are using a old beetle for the new herbie flim :D :D

@ cfc1 i have thought about retro units.. but they are very expenive and theres nothing totally right so i'm thinking of makeing something myself in the winter :)

I'm glad you guys like the car as it took 4 years for me to rebuild and i'm cuffed with the results too :)

Tim

WEll work harder on him!!! It looksa  nice one, and thats  fairly rare colour...

Whats wrong with it? I have spared galore and have pretty much fixed everything that can go wron ona  mkiii... I'm guessing its a G reg???

My mum used to have a 60s drop top beetle.. black, black hood, white wall tyres and extra chrome.. it was pretty cool, but very unreliable  :crybaby:

should start a charity for the mk3 :lol:

just 500 pounds per month will buy a new turbo.....

cracking car tim :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links