Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Adopting

Demonic Angel

Has anyone on here adopted a child? Is it a very long winded expensive process? Can anyone adopt or are there strict guidelines on who you are?

Its something I have been thinking about recently and I'd like to find out a bit more about it, if anyone can help. :thumbsup:

Me and Rachel have looked into it for the future as i cant have children (but we wont go into that)

Adoption can be a very long drawn out prosess and your life is put under the microscope and everything is checked and i mean everthing from you, your partner, your family, your finances, how your going to look after a child, what sort of child weather it be one with special needs, abused, and it can be a very rewarding or a absolute nightmare.

The best thing to do is get in touch with your local council and get someone to talk to you and try to speak to familys who have adopted.

HTH

Steve

Stick to cats DA lots less hassle. Actually i`ve got a 14 year old daughter you can have. Yeah but no but yeah, whatevahhh. <_<

Thanks Steve & Al - I'll take a look at that website.

I've been so touched by Angelina Jolie adopting a new baby, an AIDS orphan from Ethiopia, that I've been thinking what a difference we could make to an orphaned child.

I mean right now it wouldnt be feasible as I dont have as much money as Angelina! I'd love a child of our own but something is tugging at me saying there are so many orphaned children in the world that we could give a wonderful life to.

I'll do my homework and think about it some more first though - its a big step after all.

Oh indeed and, please don't take this the wrong way, you should only enter into it if you and Rich believe it to be right for yourselves. What others do or don't do bears no relation in matters like this.

Oh indeed and, please don't take this the wrong way, you should only enter into it if you and Rich believe it to be right for youselves. What others do or don't do bears no relation in matters like this.

Yes I know, it just made me think about it - I admire her for what she does, thats why I'm looking for information, but I wouldnt just jump in head first just because she is doing it - I want the facts first, I want to know about the process involved - if we feel its not right for us then we wont do it, simple as, and I will just stick with cats!

Something is telling me to look into it, whether its my head or my heart, I dont know, but I plan on finding out the facts first before anything! :thumbsup:

Panic not Al - sensible head on shoulders! lol

I know what you mean EM but like you have said it not to be gone into lightly and it is a very big step probably bigger than having your own child.

As for not having very much money the law has changed so even people on benifts can adopt now the main thing they are looking for is a stable and loving home for a child not weather you have a 5 bedroom house and a Rolls Royce in the drive.

Also the chances of getting a baby is slim to zero most of the children who are to be adopted are between the ages of 4-12 and some have siblings and have to be kept together.

But good on you if you do, and im sure Rach and me will talk more about it to you at the JAE if you want.

But good on you if you do, and im sure Rach and me will talk more about it to you at the JAE if you want.

yeah that'd be good - thanks Steve.

I know a couple who adopted a kid from Bernado's.. never ever wll they go through it again. All of their private lives came to the fore, every detail of all aspects of their family lives on both sides. Home visits from Bernado's before during and after the adoption.. awkward qustions asked at every turn... even though neither of them had anything to hide, they felt invaded in a most personal way, and would never do it again.

What you do have to remember is.. that everything they ask and do, is for the good of the child.. they only want to make sure that he/she will be looked after by a genuine careing couple. :thumbsup:

Good luck if you go ahead.

I know a couple who adopted a kid from Bernado's.. never ever wll they go through it again. All of their private lives came to the fore, every detail of all aspects of their family lives on both sides. Home visits from Bernado's before during and after the adoption.. awkward qustions asked at every turn... even though neither of them had anything to hide, they felt invaded in a most personal way, and would never do it again.

What you do have to remember is.. that everything they ask and do, is for the good of the child.. they only want to make sure that he/she will be looked after by a genuine careing couple. :thumbsup:

Good luck if you go ahead.

As you said mate it aint easy and is very intrusive if you or your family have dirt on you (not saying you or your family have) they will find it. but i have to friends who are adopted and their parents are great and my Stepmothers sister has 3 adopted children and their smashing kids.

As ive said before there are cases of perfect matchs and some hell storys but aint there with every thing.

Well Em... I -am- adopted... my parents got me through the St Francis Children's Society I think...They would be a good source of information as well I think.

http://www.sfcs.org.uk/

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links