Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

10k Health Check

Red Yaris 54

Took the Yaris in for its first "Healthcheck" on 21st July

Mr T carried out the service and attended to some warranty items

So:

No more whistling door mirrors...................hooray :thumbsup:

Replacement rear parcel shelf....................hooray :thumbsup:

Replacement stone chip protectors (but they only had the N/S one in stock - so its got to go back again)

Now for the bad news:

The N/S front shock absorber is leaking (at 10,000 miles)......so it has got to go back to be replaced (Anyone else ever experienced shock absorber leakage at such low mileage??)

Mr T washed it ...........and left more water marks on it than it had when I left it with them...................so I will have to wash it again for JAE :(

Only saving grace was that I got my GOLD TOC discount so total cost was £88-86..................considerably less than £145-00 quoted by one Toyota dealer

Shock absorber leaking already?? Hmmm that doesnt sound good, not for 10k miles!

At least you didnt have the extra wallet pain thanks to the Goldmember discount Steve!

Iv had two shocks replaced and two suspension tops replaced under warranty... that was around 20k miles.

There's nothing you can do about it, it'll be the appaling roads that we drive over and suffer. Unfortunatley, i don't think the Yaris supension is very strong... bumps and lumps can affect it quite bad.... just be greatful they picked up on it... my dealer would be lucky to notice if the wheels were missing!

I just had my 30K service. I had polished it the day before so she was gleaming but they decided to wash it and left loads of water marks on it, wasn't happy. When I mentioned my TOC Gold card they didn't want to know even though they were one of the dealers on the list, so i argued, had the manager shouting at me, but i won and got my discount. I would avoid the Poole Mr T like the plague!!

Only saving grace was that I got my GOLD TOC discount so total cost was £88-86..................considerably less than £145-00 quoted by one Toyota dealer

im glad its not just me who think the dealerships are :censor: mines due for its first MOT and a service in a few weeks.only done 17k in 3 years rang T up a few days back and i was quoted £115 for an intemediate service. rang back today it was £135. the price has doubled in 2 years. so im taking it to independent garage who did last years service at a good price and not the 200 plus that T quoted for a full service. nothing but rip off merchants,the big corperate garages

im glad its not just me who think the dealerships are  :censor:  mines due for its first MOT and a service in a few weeks.only done 17k in 3 years rang T up a few days back and i was quoted £115 for an intemediate service. rang back today it was £135. the price has doubled in 2 years. so im taking it to independent garage who did last years service at a good price and not the 200 plus that T quoted for a full service. nothing but rip off merchants,the big corperate garages

It's benfield bar stools again!

I rang up to book mine in and said im getting the service and MOT done at same time... any discount on that? They said yes, the price will be £130. Went to pick the car up after it was done (even though it wasn't and i had to wait 30mins) the silly cow brought the bill and not only had they cahrged me £6 for washer fluid which i'd filled up before i took the car in, but also, the total was £158. I said no-way are you charging me £28 extra than quoted.... get me the boss... on that they lowered it.

They do nothing at my garage than try to rip you off.

I got a quote for a service on Yaz and they wanted £135 but with my discount it would knock it down to just under £80, still not sure if im going to take her in or not yet!

I have just had my first service at my local dealers and cost £65, didn't think that was too bad.

Took the Yaris in for its first "Healthcheck" on 21st July

Mr T carried out the service and attended to some warranty items

So:

No more whistling door mirrors...................hooray :thumbsup:

Replacement rear parcel shelf....................hooray :thumbsup:

Replacement stone chip protectors (but they only had the N/S one in stock - so its got to go back again)

Now for the bad news:

The N/S front shock absorber is leaking (at 10,000 miles)......so it has got to go back to be replaced (Anyone else ever experienced shock absorber leakage at such low mileage??)

Mr T washed it ...........and left more water marks on it than it had when I left it with them...................so I will have to wash it again for JAE :(

Had the rectification work carried out Tuesday ....................and the car washed and valetted again..(All part of warranty service)

Must say i'm impressed :thumbsup:

Got the 20K one due in about 2500miles.

What should I be expecting to pay?

Mine was £240 i think! They cover quite a lot though in that one.

Seveer you had your pants pulled down mate. Think mine was around £180. :thumbsup:

the 2 year/20,000 service was quoted at around 250 for me(had done all of 12k) from T. said no thanks.took it to a local garage instead

£250!!!!

FFS, think I'd rather do it meself, if it weren't for the warranty....

Oh well. Will have to see what the local dealers quote. Smack bang between Oxford and Cov Mr T's....

"fight for my custom, fight my pretties!!!"

:D

Firstly, good to meet you at JAE! :thumbsup:

My SR had to have a rear shock replaced at around 20,000. Maybe it's a common problem?

As for Mr T washing the car - I actually ask them NOT to. The last wash, (should I say 'rinse') left me with more dirt on the car than to start and lovely cloth lint stuck in the SR wing mirror badges where they'd scrubbed over and lifted part off! :ffs:

Seveer you had your pants pulled down mate. Think mine was around £180. :thumbsup:

Mines a better car!! :lol::lol: :D :D

No just kidding! I probably did, but i only paid for half of that, so it wasn't too bad... at the time i couldn't really be ubikd to go anywhere else... dealer was so convenient... now i realise just how poor they are!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links