Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Squeeks And Steering

Mad_Ness

Hey!!

I bought my Yaris 1.0 from new about 2 months ago. Since 2 weeks or so, when i start the engine, while it is cold (not reaching working temperature) it makes a strange squeek, an anoying metallic sound near the timing belt, increasing as the revs. increase... when it reaches normal temperature, stops making that sound... :blink: it doesn't change anything and the engine still works pretty smooth. Has anyone ever had this problem??

Oh and the other thing... has anyone ever noticed if their steering wheel while going straight, it leans a little bit left or right?? I've been told by a friend of mine who also has a yaris that it also happened with his... and it happens in some cars... :wacko:

My father has an Avensis and in our company we have an Hiace and an Hilux, and we always have had Toyotas for working cars... this is the first one with birth defections :P

.......Sometimes i thing a Polo would have been a better choice... :P

Toyota warranty?....................I am sure they will help :thumbsup:

And welcome to TOC :group-cuddles:

Thanks! :D

And yes, the steering stuff is going to be nearly fixed, as the other probs, but just to know if anyone ever got this? :P

I've heard of cars bearing to the left or right, not in the Yaris though, but Toyota will sort that for you.

I've not experienced the other problem myself, in all honesty its rare that a Yaris has niggles, so just take it back to Toyota and get them to sort them out - its free after all! :thumbsup:

Is it not normal that the car will go slightly to the left as a safety measure incase you fall asleep at the wheel so you don't head into oncoming traffic? :unsure:

Oh and the other thing... has anyone ever noticed if their steering wheel while going straight, it leans a little bit left or right?? I've been told by a friend of mine who also has a yaris that it also happened with his... and it happens in some cars...

i had some big set carts go into the side of mine a few months after i got the car. after it happened the steering seemed to be out of line if i have the wheel totally central the car does start to go off to the left so the wheel is always slightly off centre when im driving straight. u probably wouldnt notice it though if u drove the car for the first time. took it in to the garage and they looked at it while under warranty. claimed to have fixed the problem and then tried to charge me £70. had to remind them it was under warranty even though the car was all of 6 months old. anyway the steering was no different when i took the car home.

Had mine in twice for the steering... that's because my dealership is full of lying a-holes.

Mine pulled very very slightly to the left, but i wanted it fixed, first time i could tell they'd done nothing as the car was parked in exactly the same place and the seat hadn't moved which it always does.

The second time i got them told and that i wanted it sorting.... No idea what they did, but it hasn't done it since and it's nearly three years since then.

Never had a squeek when cold though.

i've noticed a slight pull to one side on occasions. Just thought it was due to the road.

Maybe that 1.0 is causing you some torque steer. :thumbsup: Joke. :D

Both my TS and 1.0 has done it. Although my 1.0 is short on tread on the ouside of the tyre so that might effect it.

I have driving lessons in a phase yaris and when you are going straight the wheel points slightly to the left, on my older phase 1 yaris it doesn't

Took my car in to get serviced and mot'ed and got a P2 Yaris 1.0 as a courtesy car yesterday. And i found that when i was going straight the steering wheel would be turned very slightly to the left.

Dunno what this is, but the steering on my car is fine. Maybe it was just the courtesy car, and people driving it like it was stolen. I know i did, and it was fun! :lol:

Oh and i was very impressed with the 1.0 as it was quite nippy and responsive. Driven my friends 106 before and it was poo! .. :D

:thumbsup:

Just a Thought......

Dont all roads have a slight decrease in gradient to the left handside, so when it rains the rain water can drain to the side of the road?

Makes sence to me :blink:

Plus just to add my yaris slighty steers to the left to!

Maybe it is the roads?

Is there anybodys that steers to the right?

Most car's will follow the Camber of the road - but if you have a Biased tyre making it pull,you can swap the front one's side to side if they are NOT directional tyres - if they are you can swap them front to rear to see if it makes any difference.

If not, then get a 4 wheel alignment check done and they should "straighten" the steering wheel when they adjust the front toe in setting.

:thumbsup:

Never had the steering wheel leaning to the left problem myself in the past or on the 2 Yarii we have now - doesnt sound like it should be that way :S

All cars with decent steering will follow the camber of the road (90% of the time to the left) this is because the steering is quite sensitive... also, harder supension will cause some movement.

I've never noticed anything... Will investigate tomorrow i guess... Then again down in devon, the only straight roads were built near an american airbase... And my grandad races fiestas up there in his 206 lol

I guess it's not due to the road inclination, because, in portugal roads are normally quite crappy and i guess no one really minds if the road is flat or bends to left or right or if it has or doesn't have 100000 holes in it :lol:

but, i've been thinking about this and I reached something, P2 yaris are built in france, so... IT'S A FOCKIN FRENCH CAR :lol: a CRAPPY LITTLE CAR :P

(just jokin' i LUV mine, and I wouldn't change it for any 206 or clio =) girls luv the digital 3d speedometer :lol: )

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links