Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Speaker Size

purvesh81

Well, what's promized is a debt... again.

This is what Im working now, as U can see it is not finished yet, but its starting to take tha shape I´ll like. The amp is not installed now, because first I have to replace the cd player by one with pre amp output.

This kind of mounting has its pros and cons, for ex: Its removable whenever you want, you dont have to make holes in the car (I hate that!), U can hide your gadgets when the car is parked somewhere, etc... In the other hand, if I travel with more people, I cant use it! :(

Anyway, the steps i have to follow now are to mount it definitely, to put some black carpet on it and to protect the table & spkrs from things carried in the trunk.

Do you like it? I like it. :drool:

If anyone has more ideas/suggestions/opinions it will highly appreciated :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cheers

Coyote from BA

Argentina

post-4-1057325596.ibf

Those Speakers were in the vented box that i told you before. My rolla was stolen just when the box was outside of the car :crybaby: . So I reused them when I bought Lady Carina. May be a choice to install bigger components, but using the tunning pipes, it really sounds very gooood even if you dont have an amp. :yes: May be also the kind of music I like, I feel its enough for now to listen Pink Floyd, Rush, Genesis, etc. Dont push me to put more many in the Lady Carina!!! ( or Ill get divorced!!!)

Anyway, it's the first step....

What do U suggest to put there?

Cheers

Coyote from BA

Argentina

Clever use of space just wondered how they sound.

As for what to do next it depends on how much space you want to lose in the boot.I'm assuming not a lot so a little infinity basslink x tucked to the side should do it.It's a 10" active sub box,passive 10"radiator and a 200w in built digital amp.Nothing to fancy but is a good little space saver.

Me i'm going for full custom boot install and hope to be seeing our club ice expert at the JAE meeting to finalise what system to put in.

What a pity I can't be there, coz I live in another country, another continent, in the otherside of the Ecuador near to the end of the world.... :arrgg-matey:

Do know how much would I spend on it? Sounds expensive but tempting.

This weekend ( if the rain lets me) I´ll try to finally intall the rear Speakers and all. Later to put the cosmetics.

Ill post pictures when work is done.

Thanks & Cee Yaa Later

Coyote from BA

Argentina

Only ever seen Argentina from a plane window :crybaby:

But have spent 9 weeks in punta arenas chile and a week in Montevideo :thumbsup:

Still makes me laugh everytime i think about what i did whilst i was there :D and yes i wasn't married then :lol:

The basslink x is £180 in the UK.

• 2 weeks later...

hi there guys, this is my first post since i found this wonderful bbs that you have here.

strangly enough my front speaker went on me this morning in my 99 avensis.

i take it that the 6.5 inch Speakers will fit mine, but which ones do you think i should go for? :help:

any suggestions will be appreciated

regards

phil

which ones do you think i should go for? :help:

any suggestions will be appreciated

regards

phil

Which options do you have?¿?

well i have the usual to choose from really, pioneer, kenwood, infinity etc etc etc..................

just been up to Halfords and listened to some of theirs that were on display.

got to admit that they wernt the best sounding Speakers in the world but they have probably been abused by everyone that plays with them whilst looking for some car shampoo! :D

has anyone actually fitted and decent Speakers that are reasonably priced?

toyota wants £45 + vat per speaker and to me that seems a bit high in price for what you will probably get.

:group-cuddles:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links