Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ecotek Valve Fitting

JapBlack

Hey guys. Just asking before i ***** it up, how do you fit the Ecotek CB-26P Valve to a Yaris T-Sport?

P.S. Appaulogies for not posting piccies of my car yet. Expected it to all be painted but he had serious issues fitting the kit, so its all fitted but not painted. So pics will be monday.

thin pipe which comes from engine, this will go into a larger pipe leading into the airbox, pull the smaller pipe out of the bigger pipe and fit onto the end of the smaller pipe :thumbsup:

:eek::eek::eek::help:

dont these fit in the servo line somewhere???

thin pipe which comes from engine, this will go into a larger pipe leading into the airbox, pull the smaller pipe out of the bigger pipe and fit onto the end of the smaller pipe  :thumbsup:

Arent you on about a crank/oil filter there?

As far i knew you cut the fuel line and wacked the ecotek valve in btween

thin pipe which comes from engine, this will go into a larger pipe leading into the airbox, pull the smaller pipe out of the bigger pipe and fit onto the end of the smaller pipe  :thumbsup:

Arent you on about a crank/oil filter there?

As far i knew you cut the fuel line and wacked the ecotek valve in btween

best way for an engine fire, please do some research first , this advice could prove fatal. if your unsure "say nowt " :thumbsup:

goes on the brake servo line from the engine and before anyone says anythin. THEY DO WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

goes on the brake servo line from the engine and before anyone says anythin. THEY DO WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Jaxx i do begin to question how you are in anyway qualified to assess beyond all the engineers who designed it and all the engineers who tested it, to say wether or not it works. My friend owns a garage and had a Yaris 1.3 as his runabout. He put a ecotek on his car and he rolling roaded it b4 and after. Increase of 3bhp (not much) but most are after the gain in fuel consumption which it also helped with greatly.

i have read the Ecoteks claims end to end

and ive devised in simple - putting a plastic widget that creates turbulance, thus undoing the engines natural requirements for smooth transtition of flow, has totally undone what is trying to be achevied in the first place

so in answer to your question, i am qualified in all access to question the engineering, i have an extensive HND that covers fluid and gas flow dynamics, i am employed in engineering, and chartered as an engineer.

if i had created a similar item im sure i could back it up with 5 pages of drivel to try and make it viable

;)

The Ecotec DOES work .. but only on old carb engines .. on all modern ECU controlled engines it'll work for a while and then the ECU will correct this.

All it's really doing is adding more air into the mixture and therefore running the car leaner and less safe.

It's the manual version of a fuel controller. When the ECU spots that it's running lean and add more fuel ..

The Ecotec DOES work .. but only on old carb engines .. on all modern ECU controlled engines it'll work for a while and then the ECU will correct this.

All it's really doing is adding more air into the mixture and therefore running the car leaner and less safe.

It's the manual version of a fuel controller. When the ECU spots that it's running lean and add more fuel ..

And if this is the case you don't want to be running lean.

Yaris 1.3 as his runabout. He put a ecotek on his car and he rolling roaded it b4 and after. Increase of 3bhp (not much) but most are after the gain in fuel consumption which it also helped with greatly.

3bhp??!?!??!! Not much??!?!?!?! I wish i could get an increase of 3bhp from £40 mod... 3bhp on a tiny engine like this is a half decent gain... it's also absolute boll*cks! In no way shape or form can this thing help... for a start, where it needs to be to 'work' it can't be placed in a yaris, so that's useless. Also... it just can't work on a car with a decent ECU... it just can't! The ECU learns all the time and will just change back to normal... only way for it to work is to reset ECU everyday.

To Mr caravan... i know you think it works, but how!?! Whats it do to yours?

Also... fitting wise, there's a great mounting point in my garden shed.

just thought i would throw a quick fact in with all this conjecture! :blink:

i fitted one after checking fuel economy on two full tanks previous to fitting

dunno about bhp increase but ended up with 10% better fuel economy FACT!!!

as for ecu resetting itself and negating the effects obviously it doesnt!! :thumbsup:

He had a problem with his, it kept making the EML come on every other week, but the valve part needed replacing, so the nice guys at ecotek sent him a new one out! That was a month ago and weve not had a problem with it affecting the ECU since!

This topic always causes arguments! <_< there are those who rate it and those who dont! Its personal choice and at the end of the day you can always take it off again! :thumbsup:

I think we should agree to disagree. It works to reduce the trip to the garage but on the performnce aspect its negligable to none. Im going to fit it and monitor it and see how it goes. I will keep you all up to date. Time to be the guinea pig.

Yaris 1.3 as his runabout. He put a ecotek on his car and he rolling roaded it b4 and after. Increase of 3bhp (not much) but most are after the gain in fuel consumption which it also helped with greatly.

3bhp??!?!??!! Not much??!?!?!?! I wish i could get an increase of 3bhp from £40 mod... 3bhp on a tiny engine like this is a half decent gain... it's also absolute boll*cks! In no way shape or form can this thing help... for a start, where it needs to be to 'work' it can't be placed in a yaris, so that's useless. Also... it just can't work on a car with a decent ECU... it just can't! The ECU learns all the time and will just change back to normal... only way for it to work is to reset ECU everyday.

To Mr caravan... i know you think it works, but how!?! Whats it do to yours?

Also... fitting wise, there's a great mounting point in my garden shed.

id agree it depends on the car your putting it on first, it will cancel it out

iv got an ecotec valve same as what balze says i had a dogy valve which was replaced foc and everything is cool now work better than ever once you get them set up you get pretty good miles out of them as regards petrol you dont see much of a performance increase all though if not setup up right it can make performance really poor

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links