Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cambelt On Corolla

roman700

Hiya - just a quick question as I would like to help my Mum who is going to see a Corolla this afternoon. She is 5 years old with 32k (Corolla not my Mum).

It hasn't had a cambelt changed. Is this something that would need doing? If so, how much does it cost on a Corolla?

Thanks a lot.

Cambelt on most Corollas states it should be changed at every 6 years or 60,000 mile (which ever is sooner) however...

... change mine at when a least 5 years old.

My advice to you would be get it changed ... so try to use this as price hangling point... knock at least £100 of price of car for sale :yes:

Hiya - just a quick question as I would like to help my Mum who is going to see a Corolla this afternoon. She is 5 years old with 32k (Corolla not my Mum).

It hasn't had a cambelt changed. Is this something that would need doing? If so, how much does it cost on a Corolla?

Thanks a lot.

if its a vvti engine it does not have a cam belt and is chain driven

Correct, but if it's 5years old wasn't this the 'change over' year with regard to engines? ...so it could have either depending on which month car was made that year.

The last belt driven Corolla's were made up to 31/12/1999, then the 1.4 and 1.6 VVTi (chain driven ) came out, slight over lap, was made from 01/10/1999 :)

Its gonna be worth it if it is a belt. it dont cost as much as havin to fix it if it does go on ya. think mine came to £200 ish ( had to get a water pump as they are used as a tenstioner aswell)

On 1.6 4AFE engines the waterpump was something of a problem so much so with a certain batch of Corollas a recall was done by Toyota in 2001 for late 90's models. Mine was one, was contacted in January 2002 and had to take it in to local dealership for a free check.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links