Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cts Oe Airbox

St3ve

Hi All,

I thought I read somewhere on this forum, that the CTS has a resonator in addition to the Airbox, which is located in the passenger wing behind the bumper...

Someone mentioned taking a small pipe out to make more noise, but I cant see which pipe people are on about :help:

Pics would be great :D

Steve

Hi All,

I thought I read somewhere on this forum, that the CTS has a resonator in addition to the Airbox, which is located in the passenger wing behind the bumper...

Someone mentioned taking a small pipe out to make more noise, but I cant see which pipe people are on about  :help:

Pics would be great  :D

Steve

yeah, i had that problem too .. cant see what small pipe either. only thing i thought was remove the big section that goes behind Battery to headlight area?

i left it, could not be botherd to take the Battery out to have a good look... thought it might mess with the alarm disconecting it... :thumbsup:

I did notice some small vacuum pipe around the neck on the top of the airbox, but not sure which one :unsure:

Anyone else got any suggestions ?

on my new 1600 Lineasol is NO Resonatorbox behind the frontbumper i checked because i want to get it out when i build my airhorn in and had to remove the frontbumper

sorry i dont have any pics but the bit your looking for is the section of pipe that runs from just behind the front offside headlight, and into the airbox itself. The path it takes, is from behind the offside headlight, where it does a 180 degree turn, and then meets another pipe that comes from within the left wing, just after this is the restriction where the pipe is shrunk by about an inch, and from here it runs to the airbox, you can remove this whole section of pipe. As soon as you see the inlet behind the headlight and follow it back it will all become obvious.

sorry i dont have any pics but the bit your looking for is the section of pipe that runs from just behind the front offside headlight, and into the airbox itself. The path it takes, is from behind the offside headlight, where it does a 180 degree turn, and then meets another pipe that comes from within the left wing, just after this is the restriction where the pipe is shrunk by about an inch, and from here it runs to the airbox, you can remove this whole section of pipe. As soon as you see the inlet behind the headlight and follow it back it will all become obvious.

hi,

i take it you have to remove the Battery to do this zuban? does the alarm have to be reset after reconnecting? thanks bert :thumbsup:

to be honest i cant remember if i took the Battery out :D , but i'm sure it would make it easier, its a bit of a fiddle to get out, but the noise is worth it, and it can always go back in, dont think you need to reset anything afterwords.. well i didnt anyway lol

to be honest i cant remember if i took the battery out :D , but i'm sure it would make it easier, its a bit of a fiddle to get out, but the noise is worth it, and it can always go back in, dont think you need to reset anything afterwords.. well i didnt anyway lol

cheers zuban. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links