Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ipod In My Avensis 2004

mbennis

Hi,

I just bought an avensis and was wondering if i could plug somewhere an ipod.

I read all about icelink and connects2 but i wanted to know if somebody has finally succeded in using an ipod in his avensis car ?

Dension has told me that the icelink does not work on my avensis, but the icelink FM works.

Has anybody succeeded in using an ipod in his avensis car ?

Thanks.

Mehdi from Paris FRANCE.

Hi,

I've just bought myself an iTrip off of eBay. It's an FM Modulator and works really well. You load preset frequencies from the CD-ROM which is supplied with it. Select the frequency you find which is blank, and then play your songs. Works great. And only about EUR 25 :thumbsup:

No need for wires. Only you might need a cigarette charger for the iPOD as is does use a bit more Battery.

As a hint for your iTrip mate, if you have a look on the griffin website you can add extra frequencies. And the best one i've found is 87.5. It's at the beginning of the FM waveband on most radios in the UK so is never used and always empty of interference.

:thumbsup:

Hi,

I've just bought myself an iTrip off of Ebay.  It's an FM Modulator and works really well.  You load preset frequencies from the CD-ROM which is supplied with it.  Select the frequency you find which is blank, and then play your songs.  Works great.  And only about EUR 25  :thumbsup:

No need for wires.  Only you might need a cigarette charger for the iPOD as is does use a bit more battery.

I started off with an old cassette adapter that came with a cd walkman years back. Then I tried an iTrip for convenience but the volume and sound quality were not as good because you are really only listening to the radio when you think about it. So I'm back with the old cassette adapter. I think they only cost about a tenner for a new one.

I did get a car charger though and fitted an iPod dock into the ashtray space (take the tray out first) with the charger plugged into the cigar socket and the wire hidden away behind the dock in the ashtray.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using a PIE X3 Auxilliary adapter for my MP3 player for some time. It works really well - never had a problem. I have a 2001 Avensis CDX, but according to the website it should work with a 2004 Avensis.

Here is some info http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piex3auxconv.html although I in fact bought mine from an Italian website.

Basically it plugs in between the CD Changer unit and the headunit and you can select CD or 1 of 3 Aux Inputs. If you plug your MP3 player into one of these you can listen through your car stereo. Note that you can't control the MP3 player through your stereo controls (apart from volume), but it gives very good quality sound.

I first tried the Connects2, but it caused my stereo to 'hang' . I had it replaced in case it was a faulty unit, but the replacement had exactly the same problem.

I am now replacing my Toyota in October, so will be selling my PIE X3 on eBay soon. However, if interested, please PM me.

I have been using a PIE X3 Auxilliary adapter for my MP3 player for some time. It works really well - never had a problem. I have a 2001 Avensis CDX, but according to the website it should work with a 2004 Avensis.

Here is some info http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piex3auxconv.html although I in fact bought mine from an Italian website.

Basically it plugs in between the CD Changer unit and the headunit and you can select CD or 1 of 3 Aux Inputs. If you plug your MP3 player into one of these you can listen through your car stereo. Note that you can't control the MP3 player through your stereo controls (apart from volume), but it gives very good quality sound.

I first tried the Connects2, but it caused my stereo to 'hang' . I had it replaced in case it was a faulty unit, but the replacement had exactly the same problem.

I am now replacing my Toyota in October, so will be selling my PIE X3 on ebay soon. However, if interested, please PM me.

looked at this really interesting butas already got cark 91 car kit installed can't use power harness adaptor. But that got me thinking..... is there anyway to connect Ipod through CARK 91 into stereo?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links