Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Car?

~Rach~

Well as some of you know, the carinas are going soon *sob* :crybaby:

Nicks planning on buying a new-ish Saab 9-5 turbo estate when the GTi goes (hopefully in the next month or so)

Anyway, I'm planning on getting myself a car (probably around xmas time), and I need some help as I cant decide what :rolleyes:

Will have around £3-4k to spend, what something a tad different to the norm (well most my mates drive 106/clio/polos lol), and need a big enough backseat for sprog. Doesnt have to be toyota either *dont shoot me!*

Been looking towards the likes of Celica/Hyundai Coupe/Tigra :ph34r:

Any ideas guys? :D :thumbsup:

I dont think I'll be the last but I might as well be the 1st to recommend a Yaris, you'll be able to get a good 1 for that money, wont really keep up with a Celica though if you're after loads of speed

Nick was suggesting Yaris, wouldnt mind one.....

....but as this will be my 3rd car I just feel like I should have something with a bit sporty if you know what I mean :D (god that sounds cheesy lol)

Yeah, they're not as slow as I imagined though, just depends on how you drive them. I'm sure if you start to seriously consider 1 a test drive will tell you if it's what you want or not

yaris t-sport!

:thumbsup:

Would be a very good choice.. a bit different from your friends.. the 1.5 engine is quite sporty.. and its not as small as it looks... did you see mine at JAE?? :lol: can get loads in it.

Corolla T-Sport? Yaris lacks boot space for buggies n stuff but the Corolla boot is MASSIVE and plenty of room in the cabin too! :thumbsup:

Boot space isnt too much of an issue since main car will be an estate (nicks now torn between the saab and a honda accord type r lol)

Just found out I can get stupidly cheap insurance on a 1.8 mx5, fairly tempting :D

Nick'll say no tho :crybaby:

I think if a child is the issue, it's best not to make the mistake of going too small. My year-2000 Corolla had no leg room for the kids, especially since baby seats tend to move them forwards. Admittedly the current 2001- Corolla has more leg room (around 10 cm) in the rear, but even so...

I also noticed estates are good because of the way the roof line stays higher/horizontal beyond the rear door compared to a saloon where the roofline drops too soon. I like that because it's easier to get your head ducked in to take care of the young ones' seatbelts etc. Makes life so much easier.

It's for this reason that I'd consider the Corolla/Astra size the minimum, and ideally the Avensis/Vectra size. I guess my advice basedf on practical experience is to narrow your focus to size class before model, and strongly consider an estate.

I like my Avensis. Mazda6 was a great drive but suspension sickening for passengers. Primera a reliable and inexpensive option, Guess I like Japanese.

Well since the main car will be an estate, we dont really need 2 :)

My car is intended to be the second car, usually only me in the car (with Lu at weekends) so I dont need anything too large (carina/avensis size is way too big really)

Need something sporty/fun in comparison to the sensible estate :D

I think some test drives are needed for the ones you so far like the sound of, get a feel for them and then see which one is best to drive out of the lot.

Yeah, planning on test driving a celica/tigra/puma/mx5/hyundai coupe in the next few weekends

Think thats the kind of car Im really after, even though I'll come across as a hairdresser :lol:

Unless someone can come up with a car I've forgotton?? :ph34r:

hahahaha tigra and puma! :lol: dont waste ya time rach, basically just a tarted up corsa and fiesta respectively

celica for obvious reasons

mx5, its japanese, nippy and RWD :D, but most are ragtops so have the security issues although im sure you know the hardtop is availble at cost

hyundai, cheap, reliable, you get a lot for your monies and decent engine specs, i must admit i really do like the latest ones on terms of looks :yes: earlier ones not AS nice but still pass for a nice looking coupe

hahahaha tigra and puma! :lol: dont waste ya time rach, basically just a tarted up corsa and fiesta respectively

Yeah thats my issue with them, was suggested by my bro as he reckoned they suit me lol :lol:

mx5, its japanese, nippy and RWD :D, but most are ragtops so have the security issues although im sure you know the hardtop is availble at cost

Nick doesnt want me to get one of these purely as RWD = dangerous in wet/winter. My route into work is windy country roads/lanes, so hes concerned I'd loose it round there

hyundai, cheap, reliable, you get a lot for your monies and decent engine specs, i must admit i really do like the latest ones on terms of looks :yes: earlier ones not AS nice but still pass for a nice looking coupe

Im looking towards the 98/99 with the face lift, so lookwise they aren't bad. Always liked them, so its definitely very high on my list. But it'll cost more in the first place (towards higher end of my budget)

Celica has to be looked at obviously, was going to get one pre-lucy anywho :D

Is there anything else in that kinda range peeps can think of?

was looking at the latest coupe with a mate friday night, a really nice blue colour it was aswell, nice interior and the headlights look fantastic!

honda prelude? although they have no back seats!

mk3 supra?

Hyundai Coupe seems like a good one....

What about an Audi TT (I know, screams hairdressers car!) but they are popular and fun and guaranteed to get a WOW factor!

lol audi TT

our survey says, ner nerrrrr

boring, uninvolving and suprisingly slow for what people make out

Hyundai Coupé is nice - its new too so it won't break the bank when it comes to servicing/breakdowns/etc...

I've always liked the Honda Prelude - any version...

Of course, if they sold it here, a Scion tC would fit the bill perfectly <_<

Good Luck and happy choosing :thumbsup:

A

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links