Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Scottish Meet!

Ryan1985

What an amazing day! Headed over to Edinburgh for a bit of karting and done a full championship thingy!

m4rk_scotland won it (he used to race karts when he was younger) and I came 2nd and Amran (the boy who now has an Elise after mashing up his Rev4 MR2 tubby).

The Glasgow boys and girl then headed back to glasgow and we had a bit of lunch in the pub.

Pics to come aswell but not many as I have enough photo's of all the cars anyway!

TOC meets just get better and better! :D

P.S. Rico you're rubbish! :P

Was a good one! I didnt do too badly for a big guy! lol (7th) :thumbsup:

I was alright, I guess! :P

We (well, I) had a great time despite coming second (last) at the end (spun, got stuck on kerb, etc, etc, etc, it was the kart... ;) )

No - fantastic time and it was good to see you all (seeing as I missed you at JAE ;) )

I'm now home and showered (we were stinking!) and the car's still in one piece :P

Cheers :thumbsup:

Alan

(oops... Seem to have overdone it with the smileys there!)

yeah, fantastic day, real shame it ended early though! my mate had to be home early(Wish he'd told me and he could have taken his own car).

Maybe for next event, a drive further North (Alan keeps coming down here, maybe we should go up there or nearby anyway). Stop at some random pub....as always, a proper Photo session somewhere, overlooking a fantastic Loch, what do you guys and Heather think?

p.s We do really need to get more ladies to this event....not driving though, we don't wan't to make this a weekend thing.

Well, I'm up for that!

I'll think of a few suggestions before next meet time - even if its Loch Tay or somewhere...

A

We do really need to get more ladies to this event....not driving though, we don't wan't to make this a weekend thing.

:lol: Class!

Aye I'm up for going a bit further north, I'm not fussed! :thumbsup:

My body is a wreck from the karts, bruises everywhere as I didn't fit snugly into the seats the same as you big guys! ;)

Aye was a great laugh! So much better than general karts sesh. A tournament is where its at! There was some major T-bonin going on from all of us! lol I smashed right into marky big time, im sorry dude it looked painful (from your side) and honestly I didnt realise I was not pressin the brake(was pressin the frame) ROFL at the angry daggers look I got off you after the hit mark.

3rd place pah I wuz robbed. Especially in the 3rd heat when I was clear in the lead again an smashed right into the tires on the last lap of all things. Brought a whole new meaning to the term "eat rubber". I never knew pirellis tasted so good.

We're well up for travelling further north, Wot about a rolling road day at wallace performance in Aberdeen? :blink: That would be a good laugh

Now thats North!!! I'm up for anything, sounds good to me, A photoshoot beside Loch Ness, one for the Avatars?

If anyones free on the night before the meet(whenever it is) I have a mate that owns a nice hotel across the water from Sky, free/cheap accommodation/ ***** up/ great restaraunt, then fresh for the morning drive to wherever, your thoughts, I'm sure Alan can give us a better idea of what would be good to do. Could we make it to John O'groats?

:-)

John O'Groats is a long one, but it can be done ;)

It takes about 3 hours from here (Inverness) each way and is actually a bit of a dull drive (A9 all the way). Far more interesting is the Bealich-na-Ba from Lochcarron to Applecross with lunch at the Applecross Inn on the far side of the pass.

Here's the sign at the bottom...

Applecross-Pass-Sign.jpg

Here's the view from (almost) the top... (the road is the thin, wiggly bit)

Bealich-na-ba-Top-View.jpg

Have I convinced you yet?

It may have to be an overnighter if you're starting out from Glasgow though - is 200 mileas each way too far for you?

Alternatives are Loch Earn, Loch Tay (my 2nd choice...)or, ummm, I'm not sure - where do you think?

The above suggestion is, however, is the ultimate ;)

A

MAN, that looks fantastic, we could do the overnighter at my mates hotel, then head from there on the Sunday?

maybe move this to the events section now.

Good work Alan.

I'd like to do a rolling road day as Heather suggested 'cos I want to know what kinda power my mighty 1 litre is kicking out before I sell it! :lol:

The mad drive up north sounds good aswell and I'm up for getting wrecked at Mikey's mates hotel! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links