Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ideas On Sub For Mr2 Tbar!

sewelly

After wiring my amp up to the original sub I relised how s**t the sub is. I have a mk2 Tbar G-limited (Import). I was looking for ideas, size etc for installing a new sub bearing in mind i need to put my Tbar inserts behind the seats. Pictures would be awesome

cheers!!!

:thumbsup:

After wiring my amp up to the original sub I relised how s**t the sub is. I have a mk2 Tbar G-limited (Import). I was looking for ideas, size etc for installing a new sub bearing in mind i need to put my Tbar inserts behind the seats. Pictures would be awesome

cheers!!!

:thumbsup:

U wont be putting any tbar panels behind ur seats with subs in there mate.

R.

I had one box behind the passenger seat in mine and the t-bars both went either behind the drivers seat or in the boot.

You can still fit the t-bars behind the other seat -as said above - rob had trouble with his sub - it was too big to go behind - id suggest a small one as you are aware there is very limited room behind there :)

alpine type rs are like trying to fit a mobile wheelie bin, not gonna happen!

im gonna go for a Kicker 8inch solabaric square thing, nearly same times surface area as a 'round' 10inch sub and fits in a tiny box! result!

Only got around to taking a picture of what I did with mine the other day.

DSC02470.jpg

This picture shows the sub and amp installed under a piece of 20mm plywood I cut to size. I stretched acoustic carpet over the top so it cannot be seen. It is also strong enough to put the T -bar glass panel on top of it.

DSC02471.jpg

Here it is with the plywood lifted off. I have an 8" Audiobahn sub recessed into the ply, and the amp sits on an angle in the rest of the void. The ply is not fixed down as it is a snug fit anyway.

It sounds pretty good at standstill and low speeds, but isn't so good at higher speeds as you loose the bass with the sound of the engine. Should be better when I upgrade the other Speakers. I am also tempted to install another sub on the drivers side in the same fashion, or maybe a 10" sub on an angle in the void so I still have the flat top.

Joe

nice going Joe!

didnt think of mounting like that! top geezer!

Agreed, looks like a nice and clean install.

Are there any holes in the wood above the speaker to let sound / air move through ?! ;)

accoustic capret, special porus stuff, but quite expensive

joe where did you get the little subs from?

Guest rev3turbo

I've got a 10" behind each seat in custom boxes, got the plans if you want them.....(sorry no pics at pres)

But even with one it'll sound pretty good :thumbsup:

accoustic capret, special porus stuff, but quite expensive

joe where did you get the little subs from?

boundsw - Yeah there's a hole the size of the woofer to reflex into.

Rob, managed to get the sub off E-bay. It's the only place I could find that sold 8" Audiobahns. Oh and it's from Germany!!

Joe

*ponders doing this.... or whether to upgrade the subs that are there.. I got the Active 8 speaker sound system jobby... it would just be a pita to find 4.5" subs! :P

the little cubby box isnt big enough to produce proper bass, if your gonna fit owt then a single 10 behind one seat is more than enough! when your looking at subs make sure that the basket isnt too deep, this is what messes up most installs with limited space!

Awesome Joe just what i was looking for...I was thinking of doing something like that just need a visual to get it straight in my head that it would work correctly.

Cheers Guys think this will be my new project next month as well as my clear indicators when i finally get the cash together. ( !Removed! expensive tyres this month killed my Bank)

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

( !Removed! expensive tyres this month killed my Bank) 

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Yeah a heavy right foot, big wheels and a RWD MR2 is no good for tyres !! :ffs:

*ponders doing this.... or whether to upgrade the subs that are there.. I got the Active 8 speaker sound system jobby... it would just be a pita to find 4.5" subs! :P

you can get 4inch and 5inch subs believe it or not, but they are specialiat things used by top installers and mounted in the front of the car to help bring bass towards the front and blend the effort all together, but on there own will be totally useless as for a start the surface area is not big enough to shoove enough air to get the bass effect, hence why subs are so big...

the haynes max power ICE manual shows you all about mini subs :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links